IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Puppy (Offline)
  #1 9/4/15 9:28 PM
Anyone know whats going on with them? THey had 12 cars at Kalamazoo that I saw. 13 at Atomic in Ohio on the dirt but didnt see any results for the Jackson Co. show that same weekend as there are no updates on the Usac site. NOt bad numbers for what we have seen recently, which is good. Also, dont think Eric Rankine had a car at K'zoo or the others two just mentioned. Anybody know whats up with him, is he in or is he out???
chtaylor (Offline)
  #2 9/4/15 11:19 PM
HPD Series is finished for the year. Not sure what next year will look like.
chtaylor (Offline)
  #3 9/7/15 8:21 PM
Will have more information about next year after Wednesday(9/9/15).
Larson16 (Offline)
  #4 9/7/15 11:39 PM
When do they start moving to the honda platform? the northwest focus midgets are pulling a 15 cars avg. every race and growing. (Non-Usac)
chtaylor (Offline)
  #5 9/9/15 9:07 PM
Moving to the Honda engine???
I would say with in the next year you would see a few running.
As the Focus motors start to fade the Honda will take its place. I would like to see the price come down some but when you add all the part up that it takes to build the motor the cost is still at 10k.

Not sure how to get cost down but open to options
Wayne Davis (Offline)
  #6 9/9/15 11:37 PM
Originally Posted by chtaylor:
Moving to the Honda engine???
I would say with in the next year you would see a few running.
As the Focus motors start to fade the Honda will take its place. I would like to see the price come down some but when you add all the part up that it takes to build the motor the cost is still at 10k.

Not sure how to get cost down but open to options
The Focus engines can run with the Division II midgets with their current engine and about or less than a $2,000.00 upgrade and be competitive with the ecotecs and motorcycle engines. Then they do not need to go out and buy a $14,000.00 Honda engine. Or at least 14K was what I was quoted for a complete engine.

Southern Outlaw Motorsports
Jacksonville, Florida
The Original Southern Outlaw

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

Buster51 (Offline)
  #7 9/9/15 11:57 PM
Y not just go sprint car racing. We run our sprint for same cost if not less and more options to race.
2 Likes: PIT CART, Tony74
Wayne Davis (Offline)
  #8 9/10/15 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by Buster51:
Y not just go sprint car racing. We run our sprint for same cost if not less and more options to race.
They run a "LIMITED" sprint series here in Fl. and I promise you unless you have used tires given to ya and other things it cost 5 times as much to run a sprint car as it does a D-II midget....not to mention the engine cost and maintenance... Sat night we raced and with my philosophy we do not pay the winner 10 times more then last place. $400 to win and $175 to start and $100.00 tow money's.

Southern Outlaw Motorsports
Jacksonville, Florida
The Original Southern Outlaw

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

DAD (Offline)
  #9 9/10/15 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by Wayne Davis:
They run a "LIMITED" sprint series here in Fl. and I promise you unless you have used tires given to ya and other things it cost 5 times as much to run a sprint car as it does a D-II midget....not to mention the engine cost and maintenance... Sat night we raced and with my philosophy we do not pay the winner 10 times more then last place. $400 to win and $175 to start and $100.00 tow money's.

Wayne

Just getting around a sprint car is harder. Seems like you have to walk twice as far to get to the other side of them things. I have also noticed they are a little harder to push than a Midget. But on the other hand they are a lot more plentiful and have many more places that race them. Maybe you and your D II Midget Idea can correct some of this, by getting more Midgets out there racing???

Hopefully USAC will buy into the concept also. I love Competition.!!!!

By the way how did your "HOT ROD Focus" do the other night?

Honest Dad himself
sp33dy (Offline)
  #10 9/10/15 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by :
By the way how did your "HOT ROD Focus" do the other night?
I don't know about Wayne's hot rod Focus, but a legal Focus (checked by the USAC official after the race) won the HPD race at Atomic.