IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
snowdrift (Offline)
  #11 9/15/20 2:25 PM
The X in the center of Anderson speedway is pretty nice place to be during Little5
6 Likes: jjones752, nathans1012, PIT CART, PJ Wright, Sprint8586, WinglessLovers
Spi-nex (Offline)
  #12 9/15/20 6:16 PM
Originally Posted by jjones752:
Ascot had a figure-8 track, and a TT/Offroad course, and a moto-cross track, and a Speedway oval on the north side next to the Slik-Trak; none of those took anything away from the half mile or the quarter mile. I never let an "X" in the middle of the infield distract me from watching a Sprint Car or Midget race on one of the ovals.
I wouldn't either. However the notion of a figure 8 being promoted conjurers up a feeling of "hillbillyism" to which inevitably bleeds over to the circle track side.
jjones752 (Offline)
  #13 9/16/20 8:33 AM
Originally Posted by Spi-nex:
I wouldn't either. However the notion of a figure 8 being promoted conjurers up a feeling of "hillbillyism" to which inevitably bleeds over to the circle track side.
Don't you get that same feeling when you see a wood-grain or camo-wrapped Thunder Car? It's already a fine line but a promotor's gonna try a lot of things to fill the stands; school bus races, demo derbies, watermelon seed spit-for-distance...

Jim Jones
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
6 Likes: dirt330, jonboat15, Kwelcher26, PIT CART, PJ Wright, progressive22
CircleCityRaceway (Offline)
  #14 9/16/20 10:49 AM
There will not be a Figure 8 Track. More details to come, but we are planning on having an incredible inaugural season! The best Figure 8 Racing will still be at the Indianapolis Speedrome!
10 Likes: BillyG, Eatin Dirt, itsanonwingthing, jjones752, nathans1012, PIT CART, PJ Wright, progressive22, Racer12, TNRustler
B99 (Offline)
  #15 9/16/20 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by CircleCityRaceway:
There will not be a Figure 8 Track. More details to come, but we are planning on having an incredible inaugural season! The best Figure 8 Racing will still be at the Indianapolis Speedrome!
Good luck to you, glad to see something is going on out at that fairgrounds. Seems like they have the space needed to do a great facility.
5 Likes: jonboat15, nathans1012, PIT CART, PJ Wright, spicoli
martz32 (Offline)
  #16 9/16/20 12:16 PM
Great news! It's nice to see a race track opening instead of closing. We certainly need another great track in this area.
9 Likes: Big Mike 7, billw, Eatin Dirt, jonboat15, nathans1012, PIT CART, PJ Wright, snowdrift, TQ97
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #17 9/16/20 6:47 PM
Originally Posted by CircleCityRaceway:
Thanks for joining the Indiana Open Wheel forum. Can't wait to hear and see what you all have planned for the Marion County Fairgrounds on Indy's east side. Hope to see some pictures of the construction progress of the new track. Good luck .
P.S. Let us know when a track website is up and running.

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
sp6967 (Offline)
  #18 9/16/20 7:23 PM
last interesting thing that happened at marion county fairgrounds was a shooting incident.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help." President Ronald Reagan
badcoupe (Offline)
  #19 9/16/20 9:32 PM
We were supposed to run tq’s there but the weather had other plans this year. Bringing any dirt in for the surface? They never would let us work it any before we ran there the last few years.
2 Likes: Hustlin-Hoosier, TQ29m