IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2018 four crown
11/22/17, 12:20 AM   #11
Kydehart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joltin Joe View Post
Looks like you will not be seeing my car at the 4 crown in 2018. There is zero need for the silver crowns cars to be forced to do a two day show.
It's already begun. I'm sad. The crown cars are my favorite part of 4 crown.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
11/22/17, 6:36 AM   #12
Re: 2018 four crown
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshuman View Post
Ha ok... don’t try and make something bigger then it is.. I AM a racer that competes in not only the silver crown class, but also their sprint car and midget class, and I have been doing that for almost 20 years. It was simply stating that it will now cost teams more money and time, pretty simple. If I wanted to talk down or bad about a particular sanctioning body or track, I would make sure it was very clear.
Aren't you running at Lucas Oil that weekend, like the past couple of years? Seems like that was pretty successful last year.

2 members like this post: midnightrider, tirespinner
11/22/17, 11:41 AM   #13
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkdorkboy View Post
Per Eldora schedule silver Crown qualifying on Friday night. Should have decent track to hot lap and qualify on.
4 Crown is a mess, but then again Eldora has become like an old movie star depending on their past reputation and marketing. Fans of more recent years have no idea what the racing surface was once like. Most of us still attend including myself, but leave thinking was that really supposed to be an example of one of the best dirt tracks ever?

11/22/17, 11:52 AM   #14
cshuman

2 years ago I was there for Lucas Oil Friday, and drove 10 hours to Eldora for the crown race Saturday. Last year we had some engine issues and couldn’t go to Eldora, but yes, the Hockett/McMillan Memorial is a great event.

4 members like this post: mlamb, Pat O'Connor Fan, tirespinner, wideopen24
11/22/17, 12:06 PM   #15
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

There is one solution, Just every SC team not show up till Saturday. What will they do? Not run it?
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 11/22/17 at 12:14 PM.

6 members like this post: jdull99, jim goerge, luckybuc97, motorhead748, PIT CART, sprinter14
11/22/17, 2:19 PM   #16
sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
There is one solution, Just every SC team not show up till Saturday. What will they do? Not run it?
First guess is they'd just make them all draw for starting spots. Which would be glorious.

And if that would actually happen, maybe they can just scrap qualifying for all the other divisions that weekend while they're at it. It's a big @ss waste of time. It's boring. It uses up the track. Figure something out. Time the hot laps, do passing points, something.

11/22/17, 2:32 PM   #17
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam View Post
First guess is they'd just make them all draw for starting spots. Which would be glorious.

And if that would actually happen, maybe they can just scrap qualifying for all the other divisions that weekend while they're at it. It's a big @ss waste of time. It's boring. It uses up the track. Figure something out. Time the hot laps, do passing points, something.
I'm sure the traditionalists won't like it, but I pretty much agree....
Sorry Brent

5 members like this post: billw, jdull99, Jesse B, PIT CART, tirespinner
11/22/17, 2:36 PM   #18
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I find USAC qualifying sometimes to be the Highlight of the events. Watch a guy haul it into turn one at Terre Haute or on the cush at Bloomington and tell me that don't get your blood pumping but the eldora slick track. sprints slower than street stocks of the 80s. Yeah, i agree, not much to watch with all the feather footing. Used to be exciting there too..

Im more of a run the Hot Laps at qualifying at 2-3 pm. Midgets than Champs, small track work, NW then All Stars. Done 6-630 then them 3 Tractors and Three water trucks can get to work and be racing 730-8 Say what you will and I was a bit ticked it ran so late, But the track did hold up in 16 after the rework and start after sunset.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 11/22/17 at 2:40 PM.

1 member likes this post: stealth43k
11/22/17, 6:42 PM   #19
Sprintcarfanatic

Hate ta tell ya all but I told ya so !!! Now the Driver(s) tell ya so & ya jump on them too. LOL. This is not the Stallone/Snipes movie where ya all are told Be Well.

11/22/17, 7:33 PM   #20
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
That would probably get tracks to line up to book a Silver Crown race, and fans ready to spend cash on more. Since you suggested that I should have to pay for everyone's 2 day pit pass, I will make a bet with you. If they make teams pay for full price for a 2 day pit pass, I will pay for 5 pit passes to to any driver or team member. If there is some sort of deal you will pay for 5. How confident are you in what you are saying?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2018 four crown