IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
OnTheHammer (Offline)
  #1 7/20/17 9:36 AM
Was this ever mentioned on IOW?

PER THE PLYMOUTH WEBSITE

- Notices -

Due to scheduling conflicts, which would lead to a low car count, the Lucas Oil ASCS National Sprint Show for Tuesday July 18th 2017 has been canceled and will be rescheduled in 2018. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused, ASCS and ourselves would like to put on the best show possible for our fans.
2 Likes: EBookerFan, flagboy55
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #2 7/20/17 9:55 AM
I went to Shadyhill Speedway website to see what the date was when ASCS was coming there and noticed it was no longer on their schedule either. Thanks for the heads up on Plymouth also
Nate (Offline)
  #3 7/20/17 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by OnTheHammer:
Was this ever mentioned on IOW?

PER THE PLYMOUTH WEBSITE

- Notices -

Due to scheduling conflicts, which would lead to a low car count, the Lucas Oil ASCS National Sprint Show for Tuesday July 18th 2017 has been canceled and will be rescheduled in 2018. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused, ASCS and ourselves would like to put on the best show possible for our fans.
I saw that a few weeks ago and was curious about all that. GLSS was slated to run with them in a co-sanctioned show. The next nearest 360 event that night was in Iowa so I couldn't understand why they cancelled it fearing a low car count.

If it's because it was on a Tuesday night then why would you schedule it in the first place?

Nate Bickel - @natefb22
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #4 7/20/17 4:42 PM
Originally Posted by Nate:
I saw that a few weeks ago and was curious about all that. GLSS was slated to run with them in a co-sanctioned show. The next nearest 360 event that night was in Iowa so I couldn't understand why they cancelled it fearing a low car count.

If it's because it was on a Tuesday night then why would you schedule it in the first place?
Shadyhill posted on Facebook about 2 weeks ago the ASCS race was cancelled to due to rain out events that where rescheduled in the different regions and the fear of a very low car count. Both ASCS / Plymouth & Shadyhill agreed to reschedule the races for the 2018 season.

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
2 Likes: fish, flagboy55