IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Old picture thread.
12/28/08, 11:00 PM   #11
Re: Old picture thread.
Butch47265

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceace View Post
Anybody notice how Butch is up on the wheel in that F-800. Seat belts loose, going for the gusto weren't ya Butch? I just noticed that.
I dont know about gusto but I always on the wheel for ALL I could get It really was WORK but ALLLLLLLLL the FUNNNNNNN?:checkered::checkered::checkered:

12/29/08, 8:50 AM   #12
Butch47265

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewer 14 View Post
Pete Brewer
I drove for Pete One week end we run 2nd to Bob Kinser at North Vernon 1st time sprint cars ever run at that track 66/67cant remember yr for sure!!:checkered::checkered::checkered:

12/29/08, 4:39 PM   #13
nonwing

Butch,

I sent you a PM awhile back and was curious if you had seen it. Hope so, nothing but praise and admiration for your hard on the gas style. You sure won a bunch and I'm happy to say I got to see a few of them.

George Wilkins Jr.

12/29/08, 4:52 PM   #14
Speedwrench

Quote:
Dad told me that Larry Miller drove some for my grandfather. He felt pretty sure Larry was driving when this happened. That is my grandfather in the background with the cap on.

J.L. Brewer
That looks very much like it should be the inside of the front chute guardrail at Paragon.

Larry made out better than Cliff Cockrum did with that same guardrail.

He managed to land on top of the thing with the car flat on its side and an upright in the cockpit with him.
Last edited by Speedwrench; 12/29/08 at 5:15 PM.

12/29/08, 4:55 PM   #15
nonwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedwrench View Post
That looks very much like it should be the in of the front chute guardrail at Paragon.

He managed to land on top of the thing with the car flat on its side and an upright in the cockpit with him.
I could be very wrong, but didn't Cliff have trouble coming out of turn 4 and the end of the front stretch wall? It seems like the darn drive line broke in two and got him really bad.

Fortunately they took some of that backstretch guardrail out so when I ran there you could use that area to get around some lapped cars in a hurry.

George Wilkins

12/29/08, 5:12 PM   #16
Speedwrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonwing View Post
I could be very wrong, but didn't Cliff have trouble coming out of turn 4 and the end of the front stretch wall? It seems like the darn drive line broke in two and got him really bad.

Fortunately they took some of that backstretch guardrail out so when I ran there you could use that area to get around some lapped cars in a hurry.

George Wilkins
I don't remember the circumstances that caused to car to end up where it did. All I know is that Cliff was lucky to come out of that one alive.

Cliff's son sometimes posts on here. If he sees this maybe he could supply more details.

12/29/08, 10:29 PM   #17
Brewer 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedwrench View Post
That looks very much like it should be the inside of the front chute guardrail at Paragon.

The pic is from Paragon.

12/29/08, 10:35 PM   #18
Brewer 14

I don't mind posting some of the pics I have but was hoping some of you guys might post some of your old pics as well.

J.L. Brewer

12/30/08, 2:18 AM   #19
Butch47265

Quote:
I don't mind posting some of the pics I have but was hoping some of you guys might post some of your old pics as well.

J.L. Brewer
This is BOB KINSER

12/30/08, 8:18 AM   #20
Keith Ford

Larry Miller was driving the 14 that day, it was a sunday race this happened in the B main, the posts and fence was in the infield to protect the flagstand and was later removed for saftey reasons

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Old picture thread.