IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Taking Over The Helm Of GC...
3/11/24, 2:32 PM   #51
Re: Taking Over The Helm Of GC...
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Brent I was only referring to Eldora because Flagboy's like me. He liked it on the wall (TALKING ABOUT BURG) and them taking the banking out. Where else did I bash on eldora? And yes, Earl always had a cushion. Weather it lasted to the end of the show or not was another story.
If you take banking out, the wall doesn't match up to the track. If you make it flatter the top of the wall sticks out. this would be really troubling for wing cars and late models. What they did was add banking to the middle and bottom. Last year they made the very bottom flat again. It is close to what it was before. Earl even talks about in his book that he quit having a cushion a long time ago. I never really saw one unless it rained. Fortunately the round shape of the track means it races well without one. At the 4 crown last year 3 of the races were won on the top.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Ilovedirttrackracing, spicoli
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Taking Over The Helm Of GC...