IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Zipadelli on Stewart
8/8/13, 12:04 PM   #21
Re: Zipadelli on Stewart
Jonr

I think that this will impact Tony's racing. Not because his love or passion for the sport , but because of him being a leader of his race team. It is realistic to see how this could impact the operations at Stewart-Hass. It is realistic that this impacts sponsors, appearances, and revenue dollars. I don't think Tony cares about what others think but having to lay x number of people off from their jobs because of something you did would be taxing.

A compromise would be to return racing with the Outlaws but no more of the other series. There is a difference racing against the same 14-18 drivers a night versus running a regional 360 show with different drivers and different skill levels every night.

Posted via Mobile Device

8/8/13, 12:20 PM   #22
Gregg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshoe65s View Post
Maybe he quit running non-wing cars because they didn't draw enough fans or cars. I'm sure tony had good reasons why they don't run them as much anymore.

Posted via Mobile Device
You obviously weren't at the BOSS show at Lawrenceburg Saturday. The non-wing show attracted a crowd that was close to USAC in numbers. Five sprint car shows Saturday evening and ALL of them had good car counts, even Plymouth.

I don't thnk Tony worries about not enough fans. Announce that he will be racing, wing or non-wing, he will be responsible for enough butts in the seats. Just ask Greg Staab of the MTQRL.

1 member likes this post: racephoto1
8/8/13, 12:23 PM   #23
Hotshoe65s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
I think that this will impact Tony's racing. Not because his love or passion for the sport , but because of him being a leader of his race team. It is realistic to see how this could impact the operations at Stewart-Hass. It is realistic that this impacts sponsors, appearances, and revenue dollars. I don't think Tony cares about what others think but having to lay x number of people off from their jobs because of something you did would be taxing.

A compromise would be to return racing with the Outlaws but no more of the other series. There is a difference racing against the same 14-18 drivers a night versus running a regional 360 show with different drivers and different skill levels every night.

Posted via Mobile Device
I know everyone will hate me saying this, but I expect him to run more late model shows. It's without a doubt some of the toughest competition in dirt track racing, there is an abundance of big shows, and an abundance of big series to run with. Plus they have more of a framework around the driver, so it would be safer than a sprint car.

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: kcarm92, speed bump
8/8/13, 4:00 PM   #24
c47

i believe i read that he started running winged cars because it was the only thing he had never won in and he wanted to change that.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, KENDALLRACING, Midget 89, mikeham73
8/8/13, 5:00 PM   #25
streihawk8

All the short track racers need to email Office Deopt and Mobile 1 and tell them that the reason we support their companies id that Tony DOES race at the short tracks! If he is not allowed to than our business can go to companies that support all types of racing that he competes in.

Mike Streicher

8/8/13, 6:03 PM   #26
BrentTFunk

I do not attend many wing races, so as a sprint car fan I always wished he run more of what I go to. I think the reason he ran the wing cars was to challenge himself. I saw him win at Granite City on the old half mile when he caught Jack Hewitt in the Hampshire 63 and passed him while driving a V6 for glen Niebel. It still ranks as one of the most impressive drives I have seen. That win put him in the point lead, and helped cement his Triple Crown. (another impressive feat) As for Eldora, I have been going there since 1982, and it has been a wing and late model track since then. It is Ohio folks. I have seen him help people without any fanfare, and has fielded non wing cars. I know he has some tough decisions to make, as any person who employs hundreds of people would. Hope he gets well soon, and wish him luck with whatever he does.

8/9/13, 9:54 AM   #27
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam View Post
He shoulda swerved to miss that guy. Lol. Maybe the wing blocked his view. I don't like seeing him run winged sprints anyway. He's been slapping the non-wings in the face ever since he defected in my opinion. Plus his track hardly schedules non-wing sprints anymore so good riddens Tony. I'm not gonna miss ya.

Posted via Mobile Device
Totally Pathetic!

8/9/13, 11:23 AM   #28
Seadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by streihawk8 View Post
All the short track racers need to email Office Deopt and Mobile 1 and tell them that the reason we support their companies id that Tony DOES race at the short tracks! If he is not allowed to than our business can go to companies that support all types of racing that he competes in.

Mike Streicher
Office Depot is no longer a sponsor on his car. His main sponsors are Mobil 1 and Bass Pro Shops I believe.

http://www.stewarthaasracing.com/sponsors/
Last edited by Seadog; 8/9/13 at 11:29 AM.

8/9/13, 2:00 PM   #29
BeerCloud

Dear NASCAR,

It amazes me how you seem to think that you are the only race series on the planet and that all other forms of racing need to conform to your needs. You feel the need to try and control racers and TV networks in desperate attempts to hold on to your fans. Take a look at your stands or even your TV ratings NASCAR. It doesnt look good.
It looks like your holding on to the fans by their ankles as they drag you across the floor. They are discovering or rediscovering much better racing out there. Your peeps are getting bored with your race on pit road, mandatory and fake debris yellows, get your lap back, snail pace style of racing. It does allow us to grab a sunday afternoon nap to catch up on our sleep. I'll give you that.

As far as Tony's sponsors, its hard for me to believe they can be pissed at Tony for anything. Not only does he represent them nationally, but also at the regional and local levels. At multiple venues and multiple locations. Other than having someone following me around everywhere I go, talking in my ear saying..... "buy Old Spice-buy Old Spice" or "shop at Home Depot-shop at Home Depot" (or Office depot etc..) over and over, it's prolly the best marketing strategy any company can have.

So NASCAR....... Sprint Car and Midget racing(not Sprint Cup) is the best racing on the planet. Always will be.

I hope Tony does as he's always done. Walk his own path.

(a lil comment by a NASCAR announcer and commentators saying that sprint car racing was an extra-curricular, is what fueled this fire.)
Last edited by BeerCloud; 8/9/13 at 2:02 PM.

3 members like this post: KENDALLRACING, luckybuc97, mowerman
8/14/13, 8:05 AM   #30
Toplaw17

Non-wing sprints race weekly in western Wisconsin and northern Iowa. Rock Rapids, Iowa and St. Croix Falls, Wisconsin.
Last edited by Toplaw17; 8/14/13 at 8:08 AM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Zipadelli on Stewart