IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > World of Outlaws PS2 game, anybody have any setups
7/1/09, 3:45 PM   #1
World of Outlaws PS2 game, anybody have any setups
dsmith

Love sprint car racing so i picked this game up. its kicking my butt. anyone here play this game and have any setups they would like to share? Thanks

7/1/09, 5:57 PM   #2
Re: World of Outlaws PS2 game, anybody have any setups
Mark Sr

I play it every day, And have won everything on there to many time's to count.. the best way to start is to set stagger at about 5, then take it down as it get's slicker, set your spacing at 9 and move it in as you go.. shock's front 0, rear 1, bar's LF-120 RF-125 LR-110 RR-100 move the LF bar up as it get's slicker at 5 at a time dash should be 125, main should be 130, you are taking tilt out and letting it lean on RR, wing- I start on big track's at 35, 2300 and move the pich up as I go. small track's 80 to 100, and start at 2400 move up as you go. gear's small track's 610's 580's as it get's slick, big track's 580's to sart 540's when slick, weight never more then 50 in right side unless small track with high bank's. 30 in rear at most.. this should set you pretty good. you need to be very smooth , get the car where when you get back in the gas, it will roll around the corner with out hardly touching the wheel. don't try to hold it alway round. roll out of gas and and drive it in on the big track's.. there is many more thing's but you learn by doing.. it is a great game. have had 2 of them. first one I used up.. injoy and let me know if it worked for you..

7/1/09, 6:22 PM   #3
slide22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith View Post
Love sprint car racing so i picked this game up. its kicking my butt. anyone here play this game and have any setups they would like to share? Thanks
Use Mark's advice for a while, as you get experience and learn, then eventually you won't need setups as the default generally works pretty well for most tracks.

7/1/09, 7:14 PM   #4
john3g

Mark..I have one a ton races and have made 1.3 million on the game.but...how in world do you get the car locked down at the Grove??? I fight that joint all the time...

7/1/09, 7:22 PM   #5
cleatziff

I have always "diamonded" the turns at the grove that seemed to work really well for me kept off the wall and won a bunch of races there. I will have to check my actual set up though. But it seemed regardless of my set up this worked well for me.
Last edited by cleatziff; 7/1/09 at 7:24 PM.

7/1/09, 7:43 PM   #6
john3g

I usually back in the fence and use the rear bumper to stop the car..pretty ingenious driving style huh...LOL
Last edited by john3g; 7/1/09 at 7:48 PM.

7/1/09, 8:53 PM   #7
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

i hate williams grove it sucks i do bettter after i crash without wing
Posted via Mobile Device

7/1/09, 8:59 PM   #8
micro94

Its been awhile since Ive played it as the dog decided to drag my ps2 off the table and half way across the living room but if I remember correctly you do half to diamond the corners at the grove.Off the gas early and diamond the corner.

7/1/09, 11:40 PM   #9
COTTLE FAN

yea just diamond at the groove. i really like bloomington and how you can stay on the gas 24-7 even though its a smaller track. and i hate chico even though its the easiest to win on outlaw mode haha

7/2/09, 3:49 AM   #10
zeroracer

At the grove i run right front wieght makes the car good and tight in so you can really haul it in then add wing as the night goes on.... I think we should post some fastest times ha

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > World of Outlaws PS2 game, anybody have any setups