IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
azsprintfan1 (Offline)
  #41 9/7/21 2:49 PM
Thanks for the constructive criticism. I do believe his intent is good he just needs to dial it down a bit. Just talk, don't shout unless it's warranted. And the first car out for qualifying doesn't warrant shouting. At some tracks they are over the PA and some I believe it's just the Flo broadcast. Part of the problem also in my opinion is there is little or no communication between the camera operators and the announcing booth.
2 Likes: cmakin, luckybuc97
captrat (Offline)
  #42 9/7/21 6:07 PM
Originally Posted by chrismattlin:
The "Be nice" speech police around here these days is off the charts crazy. Look at yourselves- defending a grown man's honor while bashing your fellow IOWers because you don't agree with their *opinion*; telling people they shouldn't criticize *THE* voice of main series this website is pertinent to; correcting fellow users who use certain terms such as "also ran" with a brow-beating.

No wonder there is no longer actual conversation here, but instead constant, negative, whining and complaining: the "Be nice" speech police have forced everyone to keep their *opinions* to theirselves to the point where we now have mostly only results and press releases here now.

Congratulations. (At least no feelings are getting hurt, I suppose.)
Certainly there should be room for reasoned criticism, but simple accusatory name calling does nothing to support an opinion. It would seem we live in a keyboard culture that cannot distinguish between name calling and expressing a counter idea.
6 Likes: ISF, Ken Bonnema, PIT CART, Rapid Rick, SpfldMile, wildman92
DaleDuBois (Offline)
  #43 9/7/21 6:50 PM
The real good announcers are at the tracks and they have a steady job. I think being an announcer for FLO would require a bit of traveling and getting a very good announcer is not easy do to the traveling. If FLO is doing maybe 10 tracks on a weekend all over the USA I can see getting a real good announcer would be a problem for some of these tracks. I would never turn off the sound no matter how bad the announcer was, I might turn down the sound some.
hoosierboy3 (Offline)
  #44 9/8/21 3:26 PM
I’m not a big fan of Tony, just my opinion though. Definitely miss Klepper calling the sprints. Will always be a fan of Chet Christner. Chris Nunn is on this thread and not sure how he isn’t doing any announcing, unless he is and I’m just not aware. Remember hearing him do some Bloomington shows and thought he was pretty smooth and not obnoxious. Just my input from a listener/fan.
4 Likes: chrismattlin, erich45, luckybuc97, tirespinner
chrismattlin (Offline)
  #45 9/8/21 8:31 PM
Originally Posted by captrat:
Certainly there should be room for reasoned criticism, but simple accusatory name calling does nothing to support an opinion. It would seem we live in a keyboard culture that cannot distinguish between name calling and expressing a counter idea.
That's all well and good, and by my personal morals, I agree. However, I don't think you should go and speak for everyone on this forum, including myself, by telling someone that they are unwelcome here, especially when it comes down to a disagreement. Personally, I mightily enjoy reading the opinions which are different from my own, even yours.
4 Likes: jdull99, luckybuc97, oppweld, PIT CART
Chris Nunn (Offline)
  #46 9/9/21 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by hoosierboy3:
I’m not a big fan of Tony, just my opinion though. Definitely miss Klepper calling the sprints. Will always be a fan of Chet Christner. Chris Nunn is on this thread and not sure how he isn’t doing any announcing, unless he is and I’m just not aware. Remember hearing him do some Bloomington shows and thought he was pretty smooth and not obnoxious. Just my input from a listener/fan.
Im here, im dabbling whenever needed places, but unfortunately, im not needed in places lol.

However, ive come to enjoy being a flagman immensely.

Chris Nunn
812-360-6711
nunnc812@gmail.com
3 Likes: luckybuc97, tirespinner, TQ29m
captrat (Offline)
  #47 9/9/21 3:08 PM
Originally Posted by chrismattlin:
That's all well and good, and by my personal morals, I agree. However, I don't think you should go and speak for everyone on this forum, including myself, by telling someone that they are unwelcome here, especially when it comes down to a disagreement. Personally, I mightily enjoy reading the opinions which are different from my own, even yours.

You are right. I should have reconsidered that part of my post.
2 Likes: chrismattlin, tirespinner
ISF (Offline)
  #48 9/9/21 10:11 PM
If you want to hear annoying announcers check out the Flo broadcast of the late models at Eldora! LaPorta & Sullivan are great compared to those guys!!

Silver Crown Championship Dirt Cars properly driven on a one mile dirt track are classic poetry in motion. Using that analogy, Jack Hewitt is one of the greatest poets of all time.
3 Likes: Crankin, Damingexcavating, Eatin Dirt
PIT CART (Offline)
  #49 9/10/21 4:16 AM
That is your opinion.
3 Likes: Charles Nungester, luckybuc97, tirespinner
ISF (Offline)
  #50 9/10/21 9:59 AM
Dam betcha' it is.

Silver Crown Championship Dirt Cars properly driven on a one mile dirt track are classic poetry in motion. Using that analogy, Jack Hewitt is one of the greatest poets of all time.