IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Trucks on Speed at Eldora
7/25/13, 9:42 PM   #131
Re: Trucks on Speed at Eldora
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

There's been a lot of talk about how slow the trucks are. I'd point out that there were a lot of good races at Williams Grove in the 50s & 60s, and for much of that period, I believe the track record was 24:24. I don't remember who held it (maybe Sostilio?), but that number stuck in my mind.

7/26/13, 9:53 AM   #132

This race kinda reminded me of a modified race. With that being said, track prep was brilliant. #1 complaint about mods, they spin out to much. With the groove right up on the wall, when they started to spin, the wall straightened them out. That wall saved atleast 20 cautions. I liked the race, will watch again. Not something I would attend in person though.

7/26/13, 2:36 PM   #133
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

I thought it was a very entertaining race. It generated a lot of positive publicity for auto racing in general, and dirt track racing in particular. The drivers were all very enthusiastic and many said they had not seen that much anticipation for an event since the first Brickyard 400. I believe it was a success on all levels.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, fish, Jerry Shaw, TQ29m
7/26/13, 3:05 PM   #134
hungthrottlepodcast

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnythunderhead View Post
no one "broke away from the field"?/ well hell no they were going too slow for anyone to "break away" from anything (the Eldora pure stocks would'a blown em away!) I really don't know why everyone is acting as though this is the 1st time a dirt track race has ever been presented on t v, have you all forgotten usac's Thursday night thunder (racing that made this pick up truck crap look as weak as it is) but i'm afraid the only way we'll ever see that kind of racing on nationally broadcast t v again, is if it brings huge sponsorship $$$ with it, which I just don't see happening, so with that said get out there every chance you get and support your local dirt track and be grateful you have one to support!
Posted via Mobile Device
Just remember, a rising tide lifts all boats. Anything positive that came out of that race will be good for all of dirt racing.

When people ask me what kind of racing I like, I say "all of it, if it's racing I like it". I want every type of racing to be successful because that means I get to see more of it and the people in it will be more successful.

7/26/13, 4:43 PM   #135
team3521

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungthrottlepodcast View Post
Just remember, a rising tide lifts all boats. Anything positive that came out of that race will be good for all of dirt racing.

When people ask me what kind of racing I like, I say "all of it, if it's racing I like it". I want every type of racing to be successful because that means I get to see more of it and the people in it will be more successful.
I totally agree.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, fish
7/27/13, 8:31 AM   #136
racenut69

Watching Larson wheel a 3600lb. Truck,like a Sprint or Midget,was priceless!..The best NASCAR RACE I've seen in a LONG time.....

7/27/13, 12:09 PM   #137
mowerman

Race Count This Year: 13
Race Count Last Year: 87

Met a couple from Canada last night at Gas City . They never been there before , but stop by to see another dirt track because of Eldora .

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Trucks on Speed at Eldora