IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora track conditions
5/12/17, 7:18 PM   #1
Eldora track conditions
sprintcarjim

I was really excited about this weekend of racing at the big "e" but once again I'm disappointed in the track prep. The outlaws were a full second slower in hot laps, and now there qualifying huggy pole style. Sad.

2 members like this post: PAW, PIT CART
5/12/17, 7:32 PM   #2
cmiracingvids

Bloomingtons quick time tonight is Kody Kinser at a 9.4!! They're flying!
Last edited by cmiracingvids; 5/12/17 at 7:33 PM.

6 members like this post: lukesmith, oldfan49, speed bump, tirespinner, Tony74, wildman92
5/12/17, 8:01 PM   #3
Re: Eldora track conditions
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I said it before. Everything's improved but the track. Half the NW qualified over 18 seconds. The Street stocks there used to run 19s in the 80s-90s

That being said, the rules seem not to have effected Car Count much as they're only down 4 and three of those teams quit before the season started..

Hope they have a good safe race.

1 member likes this post: fish
5/12/17, 8:04 PM   #4
Aces&Eights

Race Count This Year: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I said it before. Everything's improved but the track. Half the NW qualified over 18 seconds. The Street stocks there used to run 19s in the 80s-90s

That being said, the rules seem not to have effected Car Count much as they're only down 4 and three of those teams quit before the season started..

Hope they have a good safe race.
What rules are you referring to?

5/12/17, 8:42 PM   #5
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces&Eights View Post
What rules are you referring to?
Eldora made full containment mandatory. It is not mandatory for USAC but Eldora's rules prevail.
Also five fasteners instead of three per wheel cover. Im not knocking the rule Im glad most drivers are using them.

3 members like this post: booher, fish, Jsr7s
5/12/17, 10:04 PM   #6
Nate

If you're a true fan that follows the sport, you should not be surprised.

The World of Outlaws have preference in terms of track prep and anyone whose familiar with the series in recent years knew it wasn't going to be Craig Dolansky setting track records fast. It hasn't been that way in quite some time. USAC was just going to get the leftovers.

The place is a dust bowl, its been said time & time again. If you chose to spend the money and go an watch more times than not you know what you're gonna get so quite frankly, I don't wanna hear it.

You can be up Eldora's rear end the same way I hear folks up north talk up Plymouth, but the fact remains the same. The tracks are going to be dry, slick and throw a lot of dust. If that's what you like, all the power to ya, I personally don't care for either track.

Eldora use to be MONEY. The World 100 (yes, its a late model race and I'm a hillbilly) use to be my favorite race on the schedule. 100 laps later they're still flippin clay in the stands. Unfortunately, Earl is long gone and him dumping calcium on the track or whatever other secrets he had have died with him.

The Eldora of 20 years ago is not the Eldora we have today. Today we have a track that banks on a NASCAR race. It is what it is.
Last edited by Nate; 5/13/17 at 8:04 AM.

8 members like this post: cwfan08, FALCONEDDIE, fish, PAW, PIT CART, RichH, speed bump, WinglessLovers
5/12/17, 10:22 PM   #7
dsc1600

Everyone on Twitter is saying what a great A main it was. Can't we wait until the end of the night to bash the track conditions?

3 members like this post: fish, jdull99, Jerry Shaw
5/12/17, 11:08 PM   #8
sprintcarjim

Lighten up nate. Been a fan for 40+ years, just be nice to see a cushion every once in a while.

2 members like this post: PIT CART, streetglider
5/12/17, 11:56 PM   #9
STIDA.com

Race Count This Year: 9

The USAC A main was absolutely fantastic. If you didn't enjoy it then I don't know what to tell you.

5/13/17, 12:01 AM   #10
cwfan08

Race Count This Year: 17

You could throw a blanket over the top 6 all race long in the usac portion. Sure it was dusty but it's a dirt track. I didn't stay for woo,not a big fan of them.

Tk

7 members like this post: BrentTFunk, CKR, Jbaldwin, LUCKYONE, Nate, oppweld, ronmil
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora track conditions