IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Mini-Sprint Classifieds > Price of mini sprints
2/23/15, 12:44 PM   #31
Re: Price of mini sprints
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

I forgot it was in the Classifieds until I tried to "Like" your comment Jim. And I understand that trying to get so many diverse groups to agree on a common rules package is a lot like herding cats...
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

2/23/15, 1:32 PM   #32
the visitor

Well,Well,Well........Lets see if I can think this out , if I want to race all these tracks both days on the weekend every weekend.
I need a couple of motors , one for methanol, one for gas , then one thats been massaged by the master of HP, but I cant afford all that .
What do I do ?????????
Well now ...the logical thing would be to pick the track closest to me , buy or build a car that would be legal there and GO RACE THERE AND LEARN......
You don't need all the fancy stuff at first ,invest in a good safe car and saftey equipment ....AND LEARN.....
You will find out what you need to be competitive as you go and you will find out what you like ...
I think it's pretty simple ....Don't you??????

2/23/15, 2:03 PM   #33
Racer17k

I understand what ur saying visitor but what im trying to say is tracks are wanting to get bigger counts with no flex hard to get people interested to get more people in it

2/23/15, 3:39 PM   #34
the visitor

Not to sound mean ......but thats the tracks problem,you need to find the place you feel comfortable running , if it's at one of the tracks that allow motor work and you want to spend that kind of money then go for it .
If it's at one of them that are using the the stock motor rule package I think you would be on a more even playing field.
Like I said before ...get your feet wet first and then see how far you want to go.
We don't run in your area, We run in the central P.A. area with a small traveling series that visits maybe a half a dozen different tracks .
We use our own rules package , stock motors , spec tire ,weight rules......and it works , the tracks don't normally tell us what to do as far as our general program.
Relax ...it will come to you ......

2/23/15, 5:40 PM   #35
Bradleyracing86

Without stock motor rules you might as well buy a full size sprinter... Or midget.

2/23/15, 5:55 PM   #36
Jim Gardner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradleyracing86 View Post
Without stock motor rules you might as well buy a full size sprinter... Or midget.
^^^^ Yup.

2/23/15, 6:08 PM   #37
hoscalecody

-
Last edited by hoscalecody; 10/23/21 at 7:36 AM.

3/1/15, 1:00 AM   #38
Bear10

Even without stock rules sprints and midgets are way more expensive ... no matter how u slice itt..done both and it's just the way it is... ya you can run a sprinter cheap and a midget but you won't compete whatsoever.... sorry just reality of racing

3/1/15, 10:56 AM   #39
jyoung8j

May not be able to buy a top running sprint car with what u got in a top mini but it would just seem more pratical to have a big car.. I know I'll buy a sprint car b4 I get 20-25k in a mini.. just me tho.. but I agree all racing is crazy expensive..

3/1/15, 6:39 PM   #40
Scott Bradley

Mini sprints are one of the best bang for the buck series out there .Bottom line .... You don't have to spend a boatload of money to compete and win . Everyone thinks sprints are just as cheap ??? It don't matter if it's 305 or 410, kart , r/c car , or the new thing .r-factor . There is always going to b people /teams that spend tons of money for what they have. It happens on every scale .

As Ole DAD would say . 9 out 10 times its "glittering b.s. "

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Mini-Sprint Classifieds > Price of mini sprints