IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sprint Week
6/23/20, 3:21 PM   #1
Sprint Week
34racer

I'm planning on taking in the entire sprint week for the first time. I will be pulling my camper. Any pointers that I should know about? Places that I could dump and refill my water in my camper?

Thanks

1 member likes this post: i love dirt track racing
6/23/20, 4:46 PM   #2
PIT CART

The Burg offers free hookups but no place to dump that I know of. I always park far enough off the driveway so people in cars can park in front of me, I just think it’s respectful🏁 I have always found that most Loves gas station offer a dump station for $10.
I hope this helps 🏁🍺

3 members like this post: 34racer, i love dirt track racing, JarrettFarms73
6/23/20, 4:52 PM   #3
Re: Sprint Week
ISF

I can only speak for Terre Haute but I'm positive there are many here that can answer all your questions about all the venue's.

Terre Haute has plenty of camping and there is a dump station on premises. The hookups consist of water and electric. There may be some sites with sewer but I'm not familiar with where they are located if they exist. Putnamville is a short drive from Terre Haute so you can make one setup work for both events if you so desire!

There is nothing like Indiana Sprint Week!

Have fun.

6/23/20, 5:04 PM   #4
JarrettFarms73

Like PITCART referenced. There’s a Loves just south of Tristate. I pay to dump there before making the 4 hour journey back to (Tipton) North Central Indiana.

There’s a new Loves that just opened 20 minutes south of Kokomo (US31 & IN28 in Tipton) that should have similar facilities.

As far as camping i’ll just say don’t wait too late in the day to get to each track. LPS and Bloomington can get real tight real quick!

Safe travels and enjoy your trip!

5 members like this post: 34racer, jonboat15, PIT CART, racenut69, tirespinner
6/23/20, 5:28 PM   #5
PJ Wright

I've never camped for ISW so I can't answer your questions but I can tell you you're going to see some GREAT racing!
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

6/23/20, 7:15 PM   #6
bighd0522

the pilot at the brazil exit on 70 there is a dump at the n.w corner of the front parking lot

1 member likes this post: 34racer
6/24/20, 3:38 AM   #7
reeserx

I found quite a few loves that didn’t have dump stations to my surprise. Use google and that’ll help a bunch. I used Cabela’s in Noblesville twice. 5 bucks but if your a Cabela’s club member, it’s free.
Biggest piece of advice is get there EARLY! I arrived at LPS around 11:30am on Thursday and most of the normal camping area was completely taken or roped off. I ended up camping by the pits in that area which ended up being nice. Lawrenceburg spots filled up fast as well. Most importantly have fun! It’s an experience and it gave me a better appreciation for what these guys and girls do on a nightly basis. The set up, tear down and then the drives to the tracks ended up being exhausting at the end of the week and hell I don’t have to worry about fixing a crashed race car lol.

7/7/20, 10:00 AM   #8
JarrettFarms73

... update. The Love’s in Tipton @ IN28 & US31 does have a dump station on the front side of the lot by the LP fill. Unfortunately, the employee i spoke with was not aware of a potable water station on site. Safe travels!!

2 members like this post: 34racer, racenut69
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sprint Week