IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
CTtoPA (Offline)
  #11 5/11/13 2:23 PM
Originally Posted by sp6967:
if you went to the track you wouldn't have to wait to wednesday.
Unfortunately for someone like me, living in Connecticut doesn't allow me that luxury.

Posted via Mobile Device
4 Likes: cwfan08, Danny Burton, Jerry Spencer, racefan20
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #12 5/11/13 3:03 PM
I'd be happy to switch bodies with you.

2 Likes: mayor31, racefan20
K-Dawg30 (Offline)
  #13 5/11/13 4:07 PM
Sorry some of us live 6 hrs away
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #14 5/11/13 4:16 PM
Originally Posted by johnnythunderhead:
i'd go to the track if they moved it a little closer to where i live/ we need a fri (or sun) nite track down here round porkopolis!

Posted via Mobile Device
FRI NIGHT TRACK, www.molerracewaypark.com

I seen a clip of one hotlap session and the guy was sitting half up the stands and nobody was below him. Higher Purse with less numbers.............................

As for the Wed's I say thats a little harse but I could see any track wanting to wait for it to air till mondays..
Still Wed's is better than not at all. Thanks Jiggs!

Charles Nungester
mc/rider (Online)
  #15 5/11/13 4:36 PM
350 miles round trip I,LL be back

Posted via Mobile Device
hoosier race fan (Offline)
  #16 5/11/13 4:50 PM
It seems like a lot of the casual fans that used to go to Gas City on a weekly basis don't attend as much as they used to. I didn't think Jiggs was promoting anymore. I thought Tom Brenner was the promotor.

Posted via Mobile Device
Koonzee (Offline)
  #17 5/11/13 6:15 PM
We love Gas City . Came over from Fremont,Ohio every week for ten years. What changed? Daylight savings time,that's the one and only thing. With work we just can't make it. We still make the big shows,but we plan ahead to get off early. If I could every week, I still would. No fault of the track at all.

Posted via Mobile Device
2 Likes: Tim Watson
Will Shunk (Offline)
  #18 5/11/13 10:53 PM
Originally Posted by mc/rider:
350 miles round trip I,LL be back

Posted via Mobile Device
I also travel 325 mi. round trip to enjoy the close racing at Gas City/I-69 Speedway. As far as the racing, it seems like the winners from USAC and KISS both came from 3 to 4 rows back and used the high line to RACE past those on the huggy pole. That is why I choose Indiana for my sprint car fix! As for the disappointing fan support, I surmise all of these posts are accurate to some extent but paying $25 per ticket to see cars and drivers you can watch next week somewhere in Indiana for $12 is also a contributing factor. Sean's videos only make me want to return to Gas City and Kokomo more often. Also, I am making plans to visit both Bloomington and Lincoln Park for the first time in a decade. As the saying goes" take a friend to the races" and we can contribute to the growth of NW sprint car racing. It is really the purest and most magnificent American racing one can witness!
Danny Burton (Offline)
  #19 5/11/13 11:01 PM
Can tell you that Mr. Monohan travels great distances to come out here when he can. He has probably been to more races than many here combined.

http://www.hoseheads.com/dannyb.html

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.
2 Likes: IndyBound, Jerry Spencer
Danny Burton (Offline)
  #20 5/11/13 11:02 PM
[quote=Claybird33;330079]
Originally Posted by cshuman:
They think the video is

Posted via Mobile Device

Maybe it's the huggy pole
Maybe so, but Brady Short didn't race the huggy pole. As my grandson would say, he raced on the high saide.

http://www.hoseheads.com/dannyb.html

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.
2 Likes: Claybird33, PIT CART