IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
K-Dawg30 (Offline)
  #1 3/26/13 11:07 AM
You Tube Video
Check out Kyle Larson, Rico, and RJ going at it in some non wing outlaw kart action at Rico's track!

15 Likes: Bill Gardner, chasinracin2, Chastain75, dirtnonwingfan, FALCONEDDIE, kart31rac, khr04, MickeyD, PJ Wright, racephoto1, racing2bwithu2, rclaridge, SDHill89, SP Motorsports, team3521
SP Motorsports (Offline)
  #2 3/26/13 11:39 AM
That's good stuff. Probably some of the best racing you could see all year and there wasn't anything on the line, just racing for fun. I know nothing about those outlaw karts, but I was impressed how close they ran together - performance wise.
2 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, koolaid89
K-Dawg30 (Offline)
  #3 3/26/13 11:42 AM
They run a 500cc Honda motor with around 90 hp...weigh in at about 450 lbs with the driver, and have absolutely NO suspension lol....normally they run with wings but these guys pulled them off I guess
2 Likes: 24midgets, Isaac Chapple Racing
TQ29m (Online)
  #4 3/26/13 12:12 PM
Sounds like 2-strokes to me, but it looks like a blast, dig their watering system! Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
PatrickMead#13 (Offline)
  #5 3/26/13 2:35 PM
Run like 1/4 midgets from hell...! Cool video!

Posted via Mobile Device
2 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, team3521
team3521 (Offline)
  #6 3/26/13 5:47 PM
This is awesome! except that wall on the back stretch looks mighty scary! You remember back in the day when Bristol had a wall similar to the one of Abreu's and Michael Waltrip almost died when he hit the blunt end of it in a Busch car. That was a car, not a go kart hitting it.

Still, looks like a blast!
koolaid89 (Offline)
  #7 3/26/13 6:03 PM
Originally Posted by team3521:
This is awesome! except that wall on the back stretch looks mighty scary! You remember back in the day when Bristol had a wall similar to the one of Abreu's and Michael Waltrip almost died when he hit the blunt end of it in a Busch car. That was a car, not a go kart hitting it.

Still, looks like a blast!
That was the best looking walking dead man I've ever seen. Did it destroy a car? Sure, but a near fatality? Not even close. And that was because a crossing gate wasn't properly pinned, not because of an actual opening.
racephoto1 (Offline)
  #8 3/26/13 7:29 PM
Hope Ganassi doesn't see this.
4 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, K-Dawg30, luckybuc97, PatrickMead#13
dirtnonwingfan (Offline)
  #9 3/26/13 8:23 PM
Great stuff! You certainly don't need a 410 in a nonwing car to have exciting racing. I would pay to see some good drivers racing these things on a short track. Forget the charity ball games or bowling, have drivers race these things on a little track.

Frank Daigh