IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gambler History
12/13/11, 9:16 AM   #1
Gambler History
Bad Dad 54

My friend Dudley Balmer posted this at his National Speedway Ministries website.
Dave Cash of Palm Coast, Florida is searching for any relevant history of Gambler race cars. Dave owns, displays and races the beautiful yellow number 98 Gambler with the Daytona Antique Auto Racing Association. The car that Dave races is the fifth one out of the shop. We would like to trace at least cars one through ten as to where they went, who drove them and where they may be today.

Any information or the contact info of anyone who may posess one of the early cars or related history would be appreciated. You may contact Dave at flacash@aol.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it or us here at National Speedway Ministries. This is a labor of love by Dave as his history with C.K.Spurlock and Gambler goes back even before there was such an animal as a Gambler sprint car. Thank you in advance for any information you may be willing to share.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
12/16/11, 4:42 PM   #2
Re: Gambler History
Speedwrench

If my memory is correct, he might check with Floyd Bailey(sp?) who builds minisprints. I think he used to work for Gambler and might be of help.

12/16/11, 5:31 PM   #3
old time Hoosier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Dad 54 View Post
My friend Dudley Balmer posted this at his National Speedway Ministries website.
Dave Cash of Palm Coast, Florida is searching for any relevant history of Gambler race cars. Dave owns, displays and races the beautiful yellow number 98 Gambler with the Daytona Antique Auto Racing Association. The car that Dave races is the fifth one out of the shop. We would like to trace at least cars one through ten as to where they went, who drove them and where they may be today.

Any information or the contact info of anyone who may posess one of the early cars or related history would be appreciated. You may contact Dave at flacash@aol.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it or us here at National Speedway Ministries. This is a labor of love by Dave as his history with C.K.Spurlock and Gambler goes back even before there was such an animal as a Gambler sprint car. Thank you in advance for any information you may be willing to share.
Gambler chassis #1 was not built by the Gambler Co. It was built by Bob Trostle in Des Moines, Iowa. You may contact him for confirmation and he can be reached at the National Sprint Car Hall of Fame in Knoxville, Iowa. Check their website for correct mailing address and email connections.

2 members like this post: Hubie48, tirespinner
12/16/11, 9:20 PM   #4
Bad Dad 54

Thanks I'll pass it on

12/16/11, 11:05 PM   #5
HurstBros0

Charlie Schwartz ... Loretta Lynn special...

2 members like this post: jim goerge, tirespinner
12/16/11, 11:08 PM   #6
slide22

Get a hold of Floyd Bailey with Bailey Chassis Company. He got his start with Gambler and helped pit the Kenny Rodgers cars

12/17/11, 1:24 AM   #7
old time Hoosier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurstBros0 View Post
Charlie Schwartz ... Loretta Lynn special...
Yes, this WAS the Bob Trostle built car.

6/25/13, 11:31 AM   #8
George Marshall

In 1985 I bought a 1982 Gambler from a man in New York State. At the end of 1986 I was given Brad Doty's tubes. See photo. George Marshall (gdmmail@yahoo.com)
George Marshall 1982 Gambler chassis #2.jpg

3 members like this post: jim goerge, sw1911, tirespinner
6/25/13, 1:12 PM   #9
john3g

I remember seeing the Loretta Lynn car sitting outside Lloyd Shores (old) shop for years. I cant remember if Lloyd had anything to do with some of the manufacturing of these cars back in the early days or not. I'll have to ask my dad...

6/25/13, 2:00 PM   #10
Roy Bleckert

How old are they looking for ? I still have my 89 Gambler

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gambler History