IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > J.O Memorial, Lawrenceburg. Sat April 13th
4/13/24, 6:33 PM   #11
captrat

As usual LPS in competition.

2 members like this post: duel, flagboy55
4/13/24, 8:01 PM   #12
Moreland76

Osborne is in Burtons car at Lps tonight!

2 members like this post: flagboy55, tirespinner
4/14/24, 11:11 AM   #13
Re: J.O Memorial, Lawrenceburg. Sat April 13th
BrentTFunk

Pretty good race. Seavey was exciting up top. Liked the slight changes to the shape of the track. Best race I have seen there since the new track was built. Maybe the biggest crowd I have ever seen there. Nice of the Owen family to work with the promoter. Think they will build this into a big deal. Had fun. Off to Anderson.

4/14/24, 11:53 AM   #14
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Honestly, I went to the top of the grandstand, Looked around, Grabbed my buddy Dan Shaw and said look there and there and at them ball fields. The Rodeo rink and holding area were under water. The motorcycle track was under water. the ball fields were just at the point of becoming mud again.

And we had a pretty good race track until about halfway into feature where a couple spots were getting so soft they dug out into ruts. Old track, would not have been able to run at all.

II thought there was a lot of two and three wide racing and not so much run away and hide racing last night. KTJ went up and took that win With Seavey running four in the fluff and bacon catfishin. Track bit several. Leary while leading biked into something I was suprised he saved. Ballou and Pursely's contact put Ballou into a position the rut dumped him. And Grant was in if you don't win be spectacular mode.

The crowd was spectacular! Bigger than the three WoO shows I attended.

The trophy was even more spectacular in person.

The bonus's and such were awesome.

Only thing I'd of changed was more cars but it was sufficient.

And the Cheeseburger for $5 beats almost anything out there. Got mine when I came in and avoided the lines and fast food joints.

Got to meet two people. Pete Abel introduced himself. told him I watched him for years and Rock Steady ended up winning again. Also Matt Waldeck who I haven't seen for 35yr. We both worked Michael Tire and on Staabs car some.

Great night, I guess Im a back stretch Rowdy for awhile till I can kick this habit. Also not liking driving home on highways full of idiots thinking Tokyo Drift is to be played on highways full of regular people commuting from place to place.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 4/14/24 at 12:08 PM.

4/14/24, 12:01 PM   #15
BrentTFunk

I was all over the place. Never saw you Charles. Even walked to the bike track, but couldn't find the racing family. It was a big crowd.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, flagboy55, Ilovedirttrackracing
4/14/24, 12:02 PM   #16
tdt636

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrat View Post
As usual LPS in competition.
If LPS wasn't running you would probably gain 3 or 4 cars 🙄

4/14/24, 1:55 PM   #17
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 85

Enjoyed the evening at Lawrenceburg last night. Crowd was spectacular and for all the rain over the past week track held up well and they were not afraid to touch it up and dig it up during down times. With the wind and sunshine it was dusty early but once the sun went down it was much better and the wind died down. The banking cutdown was noticeable and the right thing to do. Made the track more racing with two and three wide and as Charles said no runaways. It is ironic but the more progressive banking now makes it closer to its "clone" track, Bridgeport Motorsports Park in New Jersey. The racing was much better. The tribute to Justin Owen was very nice and the bonuses handed out were awesome especially the $4004 to the top finisher of the Lawrenceburg regulars which makes for loyalty in the future. Hoping that things continue to move forward at the Burg and the new promoters are off to a good start!!! Hopefully some sprint car drivers and teams will hear of the good things happening down in the southeast corner of Indiana and come out and suppport this track. Best wishes and good luck to the new regime.

Bruce and Pat Eckel

4/14/24, 10:35 PM   #18
Stevensville Mike

Can anyone explain the invert/format? I understand the Top 6 in each heat were inverted. There were 23 cars. Everyone made the feature with no B Main. How did they set the grid for the A Main?

I watched it after the fact a day later, while avoiding the provided spoilers presented by Richie on IOW mind you, and maybe I FF-d though a pill draw?

But anyone in the know.....?

You guys knock no inverts but trust me, after watching the Lucas Oil Late Models where they run straight up, there is no confusion. Botta bink, botta boonk. We all know where everyone should be and why.

4/14/24, 10:50 PM   #19
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Top six times inverted. Everyone else straight up by time trials.

I hate straight up lineup racing. BTW, Bacon came from 9th to second.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
4/15/24, 12:30 AM   #20
cowboyhar69

Heat winners when there are 4 heats start 7,8,9 and 10. Last night with 3 heats it was 1st heat winner KTJ 7th, 2nd heat winner Chase Stockon 8th and 3rd heat winner Brady started 9th. Then the balance of the field lined up by qualifying time.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy
Last edited by cowboyhar69; 4/15/24 at 12:33 AM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > J.O Memorial, Lawrenceburg. Sat April 13th