IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Haubstadt Hustler
9/17/23, 8:48 PM   #41
Re: Haubstadt Hustler
openwheelfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman92 View Post
With his steering wheel. Yep. Yet somehow the other driver is catching all the flack 🤔
While I don’t condone what Aric Gentry did, the other driver involved had made numerous, VERY questionable moves throughout the night. I get it…a new driver has to start somewhere, but he also has to have awareness of where he is on the track, and who is remaining to go around him. His decision to turn toward the infield in the middle of the backstretch, while maybe made with the best of intentions, cost Aric Gentry a race car. Again, I don’t condone Aric’s response, but I understand his anger and frustration.

9/17/23, 8:54 PM   #42
lanceracer17

What race were you watching? Ballou stared 3Rd won his heat….. there were 2 grooves all night?

1 member likes this post: cmakin
9/17/23, 9:07 PM   #43
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelfan1 View Post
While I don’t condone what Aric Gentry did, the other driver involved had made numerous, VERY questionable moves throughout the night. I get it…a new driver has to start somewhere, but he also has to have awareness of where he is on the track, and who is remaining to go around him. His decision to turn toward the infield in the middle of the backstretch, while maybe made with the best of intentions, cost Aric Gentry a race car. Again, I don’t condone Aric’s response, but I understand his anger and frustration.
Oh yes. I get it 100%. And neither driver is the first to do what they did - and won’t be the last. That being said, not Ok to whack someone in the helmet while they are are strapped into their car defenseless.

9/17/23, 9:35 PM   #44
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 22

Leary kicking Ballou was more violent than the Bop on the head Gentry gave. Ballou didn’t feel the need to file a report either. Not saying its acceptable, but sure as heck didn’t rise to the level of being arrested. Think Gentry’s nickname should be the Big Bopper

9/17/23, 10:01 PM   #45
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I will agree they had a great crowd. I am glad, and think it is great that they put up the extra money. Wish the track would have been like it was the last 10 laps for the first 30. Was follow the leader down low for the first half.
I think the format really hurt the racing. Not one single pass for the lead in the heats or the feature. Happy for Brady Bacon. He qualified 15, started on front row of his heat, and won the feature without ever passing a car. Not every baseball game ends 3 to 2.
Yeleyfan 76. Did you tell anyone from the track that you think it should be a multi day show? I am sure if they wanted to do that, it would already be done. Why not approach the people who can make it happen, instead of just saying it here.
Brent where were you sitting??? I didn’t think TSS had obstructed view seating. Am I the only one that saw Ballou pass the yellow team cars and have to get back around Pursley to win hist heat? I believe KTJ started 9th/10th and moved thru to challenge and that didn’t happen in the last 10 laps. Kyle Cummins was moving forward all nite while in a tough battle with Garrett, Rodgers, and Carson Short. You must have had obstructed view to miss that. You want to blame the format yet Bacon wired the field this year at THAT using the Usac format. How many Usac races have been won from the front row this year? Off of the top I believe Bacon at THAT and Macon. Grant at GC and Burg. I might be missing something as well.
The surface was great, the racing was intense, and the stands were packed. Can’t ***** about farming, or the time zone since they ran it quick either. Well done Tri State Speedway!!
I’ll pass along the answer I receive from them about the multi day show as I did inquire about it.
Try a new seat next year if you missed all of that action where you were last nite.

9/17/23, 10:26 PM   #46
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

The incident involving Aric Gentry escalated in the pits. As a result Aric is on the news with his picture on the screen of tv stations in the Evansville market. Was also reported on WITZ FM radio in Jasper.
I’ve never seen race track fights reported on local tv before. Only one I remember was at Anderson Speedway when a stock car driver kicked the windshield out of another car and attacked the driver in front of the grandstand. That made the national news on the NBC nightly report.
Sad to see this negative publicity for Aric. He has been racing well and having some success as indicated by his points position.

2 members like this post: luckybuc97, opnwhlmnd
9/18/23, 8:53 AM   #47
cmakin

Quote:
I will agree they had a great crowd. I am glad, and think it is great that they put up the extra money. Wish the track would have been like it was the last 10 laps for the first 30. Was follow the leader down low for the first half.
I think the format really hurt the racing. Not one single pass for the lead in the heats or the feature. Happy for Brady Bacon. He qualified 15, started on front row of his heat, and won the feature without ever passing a car. Not every baseball game ends 3 to 2.
Yeleyfan 76. Did you tell anyone from the track that you think it should be a multi day show? I am sure if they wanted to do that, it would already be done. Why not approach the people who can make it happen, instead of just saying it here.
I thought that there was some passing in that last heat.

9/18/23, 9:13 AM   #48
Rpracing1

Quote:
May want to dust those beer goggles off brother. smh..........
Add Carson Short lead pass to the above comments also. Impressive.
Yes, Brady always steps his game up to the next level when Big Money is on the line. Car was hooked up.

As far as the Gentry 'Boink', Did Holdens former and or current affiliations with local Law enforcement have anything to do with the swift actions taken by Gibson County Law enforcement? Asking for a friend....................
Last edited by Rpracing1; 9/18/23 at 10:46 AM. Reason: punctuation

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Ilovedirttrackracing, opnwhlmnd, oppweld
9/18/23, 9:52 AM   #49
jonboat15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
Leary kicking Ballou was more violent than the Bop on the head Gentry gave. Ballou didn’t feel the need to file a report either. Not saying its acceptable, but sure as heck didn’t rise to the level of being arrested. Think Gentry’s nickname should be the Big Bopper
From my seat in front of the TV it appeared that Gentry ran over the wheel of a slower car, a racing accident. That little bop with the steering wheel probably damaged an expensive helmet as it was more than a love tap. As much as I hate to say it, I kind of assumed there could be an assault charge against Gentry for his actions. Its a shame that it happened and then carried into the pits.

9/18/23, 11:08 AM   #50
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

There was a misdemeanor assault charge. In Gibson County jail on $1300 bond.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Haubstadt Hustler