IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
david mitchell (Offline)
  #1 7/25/17 8:48 AM
I have only one question.no one has liked the brickyard 400 for many years because of follow the leader racing,no entertainment,no intrigue,no suspense.sunday,we had all of that.no one liked that.what exactly is it that you do want.perhaps a space launch at start would satisfy.if the race sunday would have been anyplace else all of the naysayers would have been saying 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗about the event.it never ceases to amaze me.
4 Likes: bighd0522, jdull99, popham, turn4
racefan20 (Offline)
  #2 7/25/17 6:19 PM
A dirt track in the infield and a sprint week date

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
3 Likes: jim goerge, oppweld, sprinter14
suzuki756 (Offline)
  #3 7/25/17 6:41 PM
Yep 3/8 dirt track running 410 wing and non at same time as NASCAR race so there would be something to watch and add midgets
4 Likes: captrat, interpreter66, oppweld, sprinter14
Speedwrench (Offline)
  #4 7/25/17 8:45 PM
I think it was Jud Larson who once told Tony Hulman "Ain't nothin wrong with this place that a foot of dirt wouldn't cure".
5 Likes: dirt330, jim goerge, oppweld, speed bump, tirespinner
bsmith8 (Offline)
  #5 7/25/17 10:25 PM
Oh no heaven forbid you run wings. This site would come unglued 😂 👍🍻.
3 Likes: fish, flagboy55, interpreter66
Longtime sprinter (Offline)
  #6 7/26/17 12:27 AM
Imho, and I watched the whole race, being sick and in front of the t.v., it was a tremendous race. Lots of passing, some dramatic driving moments, lots of non-driving moments, very intense at the end. And extra cool with Kasey winning. Anyone that didn't like that, will never like NASCAR.
5 Likes: djbamber, FEATHERDUSTER, fish, Jalopiejoe, jdull99
Baylands (Offline)
  #7 7/26/17 2:32 AM
Originally Posted by david mitchell:
I have only one question.no one has liked the brickyard 400 for many years because of follow the leader racing,no entertainment,no intrigue,no suspense.sunday,we had all of that.no one liked that.what exactly is it that you do want.perhaps a space launch at start would satisfy.if the race sunday would have been anyplace else all of the naysayers would have been saying 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗about the event.it never ceases to amaze me.
It's just a small percentage who like to bash anything other than their narrow vision. I would bet the vast majority of us enjoyed the race. What good does it serve non-wing sprint car racing to put down another form of auto racing? The people who constantly complain on message boards don't represent a majority of anything, especially common sense. However, here at IOW, it is generally good input and a great group of people compared to most other forums.
13 Likes: dirt330, fish, flagboy55, Jalopiejoe, jdull99, jim goerge, OnTheHammer, oppweld, PIT CART, red70racer, ronmil, speed bump, superstock30
Blackduce (Offline)
  #8 7/26/17 11:01 AM
I would like to see other drivers lead the race besides Jeff Gordon.
Nothing has changed. He led 55 laps.
And came in the pits to fast all the time and no penalty or fine.

Lynn
3 Likes: dirt330, flagboy55, opnwhlmnd
Kydehart (Offline)
  #9 7/26/17 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by Blackduce:

Lynn
I'm very puzzled...
2 Likes: Jalopiejoe, jdull99
FEATHERDUSTER (Offline)
  #10 7/26/17 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by Blackduce:

Lynn
Did you just awaken from a coma?
4 Likes: Jalopiejoe, Kydehart, Leohr46, SteveW