IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hartford WOO Friday
7/26/17, 3:29 AM   #1
Hartford WOO Friday
flagboy55

Been quite a while since I've been at Hartford as strictly a spectator, but am doing so Friday. Seems I remember folks sitting in lawn chairs on the cement terraces. On the website it doesn't say anything about lawn chairs. I'm sure Stevensville Mike or one of you other Hartford regulars could clue me in. Looking forward to seeing what the new configuration looks and races like. I always liked the big track when the big touring series came in, not so much for local shows. Still hate to lose another big track, especially without my dream of seeing the silver crown cars run there. That would have been a heck of a show.

7/26/17, 7:48 AM   #2
Re: Hartford WOO Friday
Stevensville Mike

When I have been there this year, lawn chairs are allowed up top but not anywhere else. If you sit in the grandstand, you sit on the concrete. Lots of people just stand at the top of the grandstand behind the lawn chairs.

No food is allowed to be brought in and for the WoO show, no beer. They will be selling it. On other nights, beer is welcome. I imagine one could bring in a cooler this Friday, but with pop/water only.

Hartford also allows all to enter the pits pre-race. They clear them out about a half hour before engine heat unless you have a wristband. I am assuming they are doing this for this Friday, too.

I think you will like the new layout. I, on the other hand, although liking it, will be working and unable to attend.

Weather looks good.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
7/26/17, 8:00 AM   #3
MIracing

Unfortunately, they don't offer the free pits for the WoO race. Also, it's worth noting th top 5 rows are reserved seating for WoO.

As Mike said the weather looks great and should be a good night. The new configuration seems to be fast for a 3/8. Also, it is very wide so I think could be very competitive for the WoO if it is prepped right.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, TBONE
7/26/17, 9:51 AM   #4
Wizard 05

Race Count This Year: 28

Have to agree in part.. the 3/8th is a very nice layout and very racy..It just to bad they had to kill the last big 1/2 mile in the state..Very sad.

5 members like this post: Blackduce, flagboy55, nathans1012, spicoli, Stevensville Mike
7/26/17, 1:14 PM   #5
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIracing View Post
....if it is prepped right.
Spot on.

I was there opening night this year. No sprints. Stocks, Mods, and Late Models. The preferred line was actually moving up all night long in the new Turns 3 & 4, which are a tad flatter than the east end of the circuit.

Then, by feature time, 3 & 4 was like MIS used to be - upstairs, downstairs, the middle..... it was cool.

3 members like this post: fish, flagboy55, Wizard 05
7/26/17, 2:17 PM   #6
flagboy55

Sorry that your work gets in the way, I was looking forward to saying hi. But I certainly can feel your pain. Thanks to all for the input, it's appreciated

1 member likes this post: Stevensville Mike
7/26/17, 9:19 PM   #7
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Sorry that your work gets in the way..........
Thanks for the "condolences". Despite being an avid fan, and a regular reader/contributor on IOW, I must attend to me "day job" when the requirement arises.

There will be more days, and more races. I'll catch up with you guys on the other side of the checkers down the road.

Happy racing Friday Night!

4 members like this post: fish, flagboy55, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge
7/29/17, 4:36 AM   #8
Stevensville Mike

Now that it is Saturday, and the race is over, how was the track? "Yay" or "Nay" on the new, shorter configuration?

That and the race itself?

1 member likes this post: fish
7/29/17, 12:34 PM   #9
flagboy55

The race was decent, what I could see of it. Still blowing dirt out of my nose. I know they were fighting sun and wind, but it was bad. For 37 bucks, I'll stay home next time. I am not blaming the track, the outlaws make the calls on prep I'm sure. As far as the track itself, I miss the old one

1 member likes this post: spicoli
7/29/17, 12:54 PM   #10
Rich Mersereau

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: Lots

Gonna try and stay positive. Love seeing the Outlaws close to home. Huge crowd. The sprint car feature was pretty good (most of them are). It's hard to look at the shorter track and believe that this is Hartford after looking at the Big Wicked 1/2 mile for over 40 years (yeah I'm that old). Really love seeing old friends and watching the pro's race. The stock car division was ok, looks to me like there are more local guys racing there now that it's smaller.

I really like going to races where there are less divisions and fewer cars (yeah). last night they had 27 sprints and about 20 stock cars. 47 cars in the pits and guess what, we weren't there all night. checkered flag at 10:59pm. Attn; promoters. I honestly think less cars pull more fans.

Rich M
Last edited by Rich Mersereau; 7/29/17 at 1:01 PM.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, Stevensville Mike
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hartford WOO Friday