IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Twin Cities Schedule Posted
2/4/16, 2:51 PM   #21
Re: Twin Cities Schedule Posted
chrismattlin

Charles, you're making too much damn sense!
Build a new fence for God's sakes! I miss the Indiana Sprint Week opener there; some of the best sprint car races I've ever seen.
This has been an issue since 2007 when they last had a USAC race and it seems like whoever runs the track just can't admit there's a problem (or they don't care). Like Charles more or less said, they've had 8 years to at least piecemeal something halfway decent.

2 members like this post: dshort36, jim goerge
2/4/16, 3:01 PM   #22
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismattlin View Post
Charles, you're making too much damn sense!
Build a new fence for God's sakes! I miss the Indiana Sprint Week opener there; some of the best sprint car races I've ever seen.
This has been an issue since 2007 when they last had a USAC race and it seems like whoever runs the track just can't admit there's a problem (or they don't care). Like Charles more or less said, they've had 8 years to at least piecemeal something halfway decent.
I don't really blame the promoter either her Chris, I believe the owner is D.A still and as lon as he gets his rent, He don't care. A promoter without iron clad contracts has no incentive to spend big $$ if the track may not be theirs to run next year Even if they put 10k a year into 100 ft sections of fence, Thats a net loss on the Promoter. However if D.A wanted to have more racers and fans and be able to raise the rent. Then thats a INVESTMENT against future returns
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 2/4/16 at 3:07 PM.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, dshort36, jim goerge, nathans1012
2/4/16, 3:56 PM   #23
treecitytornado

Tom Wetherald now owns the track, not Dave Allison anymore.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, i love dirt track racing, rdzsprint
2/4/16, 6:02 PM   #24
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecitytornado View Post
Tom Wetherald now owns the track, not Dave Allison anymore.
Thanks for the clarification, I wasn't aware

1 member likes this post: treecitytornado
2/4/16, 10:11 PM   #25
Sideways

keep it up maybe you guys can shut another track down with all the bashing

3 members like this post: Jim Gardner, MEAT, monkeyboy
2/5/16, 9:28 AM   #26
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
keep it up maybe you guys can shut another track down with all the bashing
What will close a track down faster? Pointing out safety concerns that may need to be address or letting them unresolved until something really bad happens to a driver or fan?

2/5/16, 10:36 AM   #27
hupp#9

Just let it rest guys, the ones who don't want to come don't come the ones who do will Thats at every track of it was going to be fixed it would've been they've known about the problems trust me you guys post about the fence everytime there is a race at Vernon if they raced every weekend someone every week would bring it up! We all know they know about the fence it is what it is.. How many cars have left the park at terrehaute and landed on cars in the parking lot? Everyone still loves that place. My opinion id rather go through the fence like Brady did than have a bad ass fence like Eldora and have it pin ball you back in front of traffic and get hit wide open

2/6/16, 2:49 AM   #28
jim goerge

My point about the fence is not only about Brady going though it but and its a BIG but, But a lot of you guys are probley to young to remember the old Florida Fair Grounds Speedway. If I even remember right it was a half mile fairly flat track kinda like Terre Haute, but anyway George Snyder caught the wall a bit before the first turn and got up in the catch fence.part of the car went though the fence and as the car was turning over the fence was wrapping around it Snyders injuries were not life threating but they were bad enough , broken arm shoulder, back wasn't broke but think pulled muscles. The deal here is no one could help Goerge till they got the fence away from the car which they did but it took a good half hour the 45 minutes before they get Goerge out , I just remember him sreaming out in pain.I don't want to hear that again . But Logan you made a very good point to about a fence as you said pin balling you back in front of traffic. I guess none of us really have the answer about it . You guys race there and Ill go to another track that night and hope all you guys are ok

3 members like this post: hupp#9, i love dirt track racing, tirespinner
2/6/16, 9:19 AM   #29
pushinthecushin

Race Count This Year: 16
Race Count Last Year: 10

We'll be there providing updates for most of these races! Can't wait until racing season starts :-) Hope to meet some IOW's this year.

Can't wait to see drivers with their elbows up pushinthecushin!

2/7/16, 6:18 PM   #30
EZ04

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushinthecushin View Post
We'll be there providing updates for most of these races! Can't wait until racing season starts :-) Hope to meet some IOW's this year.

Can't wait to see drivers with their elbows up pushinthecushin!
Glad to hear you will be doing updates again. You do a hell of a job!

1 member likes this post: pushinthecushin
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Twin Cities Schedule Posted