IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrencburg updates tonight?
10/8/07, 10:26 PM   #201
Re: Lawrencburg updates tonight?
voiceofracing

Chuck,

The line up problem is a problem. At some point, a series really needs to find the dollars for transponders and one way radios. That would solve the entire problem for all. Manual scorers take a lap or two to get it sorted out and then the drivers refuse to believe what they are being told to do and around and around they all go. Of course all tracks would need to have a loop for the transponders to work. At some point it will become the only way. Still, manual scorers are totally required to back up the electronic and implement the realignment.

It is frustrating as a fan or a participant to see cars going around under yellow time and time again. Frustrating for the person in race control too. Someone earlier stated an opinion about 14th and 15th. It is just as important to those guys that they restart correctly as it is 1st and 2nd. I worked 75 laps to pass a guy on asphalt in a stock car only for the caution to come out two laps after I made the pass and they put me behind the guy! I had to do it all over again. It was for 5th but it was important to me.

Barry, who believes Chuck is a good man and a voice of reason.

10/8/07, 10:33 PM   #202
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

How bout Racecievers? FLorence made them manditory. I believe the cost per team is about a hundred. I'll have to look it up. I don't know what it cost the track to be able to broadcast but it's far cheaper than a 400 dollar radio system with rentals and headset sales.

Chuck, who says tracks could probably add one dollar to 1 dollar to a tracks pit pass and payoff a transponder system in one season.

10/8/07, 10:35 PM   #203
cecil98

Someone earlier stated an opinion about 14th and 15th. It is just as important to those guys that they restart correctly as it is 1st and
2nd.......voiceofracing

voice, it was me that said that. the reason i said it was because at one point the field was lined up, nobody was disputing it on the track and the guy down by turn 4 gets his whiteboard out and starts rearranging things way back in the pack! the people in our section were screaming bloody murder. if it wasn't important enough for the drivers to dispute it, THROW THE FRIKKEN GREEN!!!!!!

10/8/07, 11:28 PM   #204
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Thanks to everyone who supports Lawrenceburg Speedway.
I would like to apologize to anyone who was'nt satisfied with our race on Saturday. it hurts me as bad as anyone when everything is'nt perfect. Yes, we ended up getting bit by the darn weather. If the sun would of stayed out just another hour it would have been perfect. The bottom of the track was the problem and no matter what, wheel packing or if we graded it, it was wet down there and was not going to dry up enough to make it racy down there. I would like to apologize to all the racers that had a bad night with us and hope you understand what went wrong. We will have bad nights and we will have excellent nights. prepping a track is kinda like mixing a bag of concrete, too much water and its soup, not enough and its dusty chunks. or for the ladies, its like mixing cake mix, same deal.
Bottom line is, the track ended up too wet on the bottom and caused a single groove race for the most part. This is my first season as a promoter and i have learned many things. I will improve on the mistakes and move forward hoping that next time to get it right.
I also apologize for not responding sooner, just got home from the track from cleaning up all the garbage and dirt from the stands.
If everyone who posted here today would of stopped by and help for 5 minutes i would of had an easy day and night.
Anyhow, Thanks to all of my staff and crew for all that they do. I know its really tough on my staff when they give all they got, to do the right things and then come here and have to read all the bashing. And thanks to everyone who posted the positive posts and support us.
I am now looking forward to the future and i am not going to dwell on the past anymore...........Hope to see you all at Funfest this weekend.
Sincerely, Dave Rudisell

10/9/07, 7:08 AM   #205
Gaines #1 Fan

:kookoo2: Dave,we drove 348 miles,spent$164,the track sucked,the races sucked,that's all I have to say about that:thumbsdown:

10/9/07, 7:23 AM   #206
J.D.

You're right Dave! I felt the same way about the bottom, it wasn't gonna come in no matter what. My first time their in 14 years, I was impressed with your facility. All we can do is move on, learn, and look forward to the future. I had a great time over there and thanks!

10/9/07, 7:32 AM   #207
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaines #1 Fan View Post
:kookoo2: Dave,we drove 348 miles,spent$164,the track sucked,the races sucked,that's all I have to say about that:thumbsdown:
You my friend are a class act. Thanks for the kind words and we'll see you this weekend.
May God Bless You, Dave

10/9/07, 8:58 AM   #208
ossuks

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofracing View Post
Chuck,

The line up problem is a problem. At some point, a series really needs to find the dollars for transponders and one way radios. That would solve the entire problem for all. Manual scorers take a lap or two to get it sorted out and then the drivers refuse to believe what they are being told to do and around and around they all go. Of course all tracks would need to have a loop for the transponders to work. At some point it will become the only way. Still, manual scorers are totally required to back up the electronic and implement the realignment.

It is frustrating as a fan or a participant to see cars going around under yellow time and time again. Frustrating for the person in race control too. Someone earlier stated an opinion about 14th and 15th. It is just as important to those guys that they restart correctly as it is 1st and 2nd. I worked 75 laps to pass a guy on asphalt in a stock car only for the caution to come out two laps after I made the pass and they put me behind the guy! I had to do it all over again. It was for 5th but it was important to me.

Barry, who believes Chuck is a good man and a voice of reason.

If the MSCS is not capable of putting on a quality show because they can not afford the proper equipment then why does it cost 20% more to go to the MSCS race at Lawrenceburg then it does to go to a USAC race there. USAC has radios and transponders.

10/9/07, 9:11 AM   #209
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Rudisell View Post
You my friend are a class act. Thanks for the kind words and we'll see you this weekend.
May God Bless You, Dave
You should send him an email, firing him as a fan, Dave.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

10/9/07, 9:25 AM   #210
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossuks View Post
If the MSCS is not capable of putting on a quality show because they can not afford the proper equipment then why does it cost 20% more to go to the MSCS race at Lawrenceburg then it does to go to a USAC race there. USAC has radios and transponders.
Usac pays far less than that show, Usac's sanction fee is far bigger. Why do a few tracks just cancel instead of running the show? Because they would have lost more on the sanction fee than just being short on fans to pay the purse.

Chuck, not bashing USAC or anyone here. It's just the RISK are inhearently higher when a sanction fee is on top.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrencburg updates tonight?