IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
mlamb (Offline)
  #31 12/13/13 8:20 PM
I'll never forget Steve's CRA (non-wing) win at Eldora back in the 80s! Bubby Jones led a handful of laps, then Steve showed them who's boss!
3 Likes: jim goerge, MOORESVILLETRUCKER, TNRustler
racegal (Offline)
  #32 12/14/13 10:44 AM
The end of an era!

DD FAN-atic!! Susan St. Catherine
God bless America and our troops
4 Likes: goat, jim goerge, racing2bwithu2, speed bump
DaveP63 (Offline)
  #33 12/15/13 5:24 PM
Originally Posted by FrankR63:

Back in the day when Steve was unstoppable I could just not wait until he hit lapped traffic, the man was one with the machine. I have seen him cut across the back of a car so close at 120+MPH that it took my breath away. Even seen MR Kinser race when he is pissed? That is worth the 500 mile drive in itself.
Those two things right there say it all. If there is somebody that worked lappers better than Steve, I haven't seen it. I have seen him just devastate the field when he's pissed.
wing410fan (Offline)
  #34 12/15/13 6:24 PM
He is not totally retiring. He is still going to drive in 2015. He just retiring from racing night in and night out with the outlaws. Were still get to watch him for a couple more years.
midgetmaniac (Offline)
  #35 12/16/13 1:36 AM
Originally Posted by wing410fan:
He is not totally retiring. He is still going to drive in 2015. He just retiring from racing night in and night out with the outlaws. Were still get to watch him for a couple more years.
So there is a track championship to win let say Bloomington? Someone correct me if I'm wrong , but didn't ole Bob win the track championship at Putnamville at age 65
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #36 12/16/13 8:29 AM
I would assume he will field a car for Kraig to pilot full time.
scottyCbus (Offline)
  #37 12/17/13 1:51 PM
Steve Kinser is my all-time favorite driver. When I was a kid he drove a White sprinter with red #11 on it. He is the main reason I have a great love for the sprint car division. It would be awesome to see him in a Non-Wing sprinter one last time at Bloomington on the red clay! I know I have always enjoyed watching him race. Its going to be an awesome year in 2014 with his Farewell Tour hope to go see him race at least one more time!!
joeyorav (Offline)
  #38 12/17/13 9:13 PM
Such absolute legend sprintcar racing! Over 800 Amain sprintcar wins 20x WOO and many accolades coming his way. Not sure in our lifetime we'll see driver like mr kinser those that were lucky see him baypark speedway racing with outlaws have fond memories seeing the king. Just a shame he never got race @ springs throughout his career
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #39 12/17/13 11:12 PM
Went to burg, just in case last year was his last. Started tail of the heat and punted the owner to transfer (Stewart) LOL

First time I seen him, I think him and Karl put on a invitational WoO at Brownstown late 80s. Track was Junk dry slick huggy pole, Blaney had a half lap lead with four cars in between him and second place Kinser. Yellow with five to go and what does Steve do on the restart. JUMPS COMPLETELY OFF THE DRY SLICK and runs off the track completely to pass all four lappers and is on Blaney by turn two. He then does the same thing on the white flag lap to pass blaney down the front to the checker, Blaney literally thought he won as Steve was by the grandstand half a car ahead at the stand.

Another one stands out is the Kings Royal the track came apart and nobody could run higher than halfway up the track, the cushion was literally three feet tall. Steve started 15th. I was in the infield and there were a few reds. They were open reds back then, you could literally pull to the hauler and as long as you were back on the track running when they lined up. Steve pulles in, Starts yelling at Karl. He's ticked and what does Karl do, Pisses him off some more Run the Bleepin thing or put it in the trailer! Steve won. 50g!

I have seen a couple guys, Even in his prime that could beat him quite often when they had a good team around them.. NOBODY HOWEVER WAS ABLE TO STAY ON TOP AS LONG, The rest had Highlight seasons. Steve for about 20 years had a HIGHLIGHT CAREER!

Long live the GOAT.
Chuck

Charles Nungester
old time Hoosier (Offline)
  #40 12/17/13 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by nathans1012:
Steve Kinser 20X World Of Outlaws Sprint Car Series Champion and all time series winner to retire at the end of the 2014 season. A farewell tour. announced

http://www.speedcafe.com/2013/12/11/...r-start-Sydney

Congrats to Steve and the #11 team on one heck of a career.
An absolutely incredible career with a list of accomplishments / achievements that will never be bettered. Who else has raced in the Indianapolis 500, Daytona 500, won so many Knoxville Nationals that he ran out of fingers to denote the victories, raced with and won in the IROC sedan series, ran on dirt and asphalt from quarter miles to miles, ran and won with and without wings and the only man is history to lose the World of Outlaws championship title 16 times !!!!!!