IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
HighbanksHustlin (Offline)
  #11 12/12/15 8:57 AM
Originally Posted by staggerman:
Good news, all checks have cleared!
hahaha....yeah they better or you don't strap in! That gave me a good laugh!
chrismattlin (Offline)
  #12 12/12/15 9:07 PM
Originally Posted by HighbanksHustlin:
I don't know that I would call it "giving" them an opportunity. He is a "pay to play" team. What I understand is it takes 6 figures a year to play..
Wrong.
Honestly, I believe it's a disservice to Keith Kunz & Pete Willoughby to make a statement like that. It's a fact that Keith "gives" at least one driver a ride every season; someone who he believes "can beat Bryan Clauson" (his words). Kyle Larson and Chris Bell have been those drivers most recently. The rest of the cars he fields are bringing money, otherwise he wouldn't even have a team to field one car to give someone a ride in- That's just the nature of things in midget racing these days.
6 Likes: addictedtodirt, AustinSprinter, dirtnonwingfan, opnwhlmnd, tirespinner, trannyman
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #13 12/13/15 1:31 AM
I give him all due respect. He fields a great team of outstanding race cars and drivers. Just can't figure out the latest signing.
LocalYokel (Offline)
  #14 12/13/15 4:03 AM
Let us not forget, that once upon a time Josh Ford drove the full schedule for Keith...

You better take care of me, Lord. If you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.
2 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, JDFAST