IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Silver Crown vs. Sprint Car
6/28/14, 4:02 PM   #1
Silver Crown vs. Sprint Car
Speedyk

I'm sure this question will more than likely get bashed at some point in the responses, but I am curious about this, and I feel the need to post here to see what info I might be able to retain. I know there are many differences between the silver crown, and sprint car, but hypothetically speaking, could a guy take a silver crown car and compete with a class of sprinters assuming they weighed the same, and the motors were equal, and the tail tanks were the same and had the same amount of fuel? What advantages or disadvantages would one have over the other?

6/28/14, 5:08 PM   #2
Re: Silver Crown vs. Sprint Car
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Champ cars have a longer and wider wheel base for the bigger tracks. Miles They wouldn't hold a candle to the quicker reacting sprint cars on the shorter tracks.

6/28/14, 5:56 PM   #3
thebus79h

The cars Swanson and east run on dirt are nothing more than maxims with extentions on the back for bigger tanks. Uses most of the same components as a sprint cars. They are just a ton heavier due to starters, clutches and the such.

6/29/14, 2:23 PM   #4
Re: Silver Crown vs. Sprint Car
sprntr

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebus79h View Post
The cars Swanson and east run on dirt are nothing more than maxims with extentions on the back for bigger tanks. Uses most of the same components as a sprint cars. They are just a ton heavier due to starters, clutches and the such.
And 12 to 14 inches longer wheel base.

steiny

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Silver Crown vs. Sprint Car