#1 5/24/21 6:50 AM
How many cars and what was the run down Thanks
reeserx (Offline)
  #2 5/24/21 7:03 AM
18 cars, Logan seavey won by .042 seconds at the line over Brent beauchamp
6 Likes: 95KART, CRA91, jim goerge, oppweld, tirespinner, TNRustler
Adolph (Offline)
  #3 5/24/21 2:45 PM
Beauchamp really should have won, go look at Flo replay frame by frame. The front of the car should determine the winner, not the back where the transponder is. Similar to Cottle at Gas City last year.
reeserx (Offline)
  #4 5/24/21 2:47 PM
Originally Posted by Adolph:
Beauchamp really should have won, go look at Flo replay frame by frame. The front of the car should determine the winner, not the back where the transponder is. Similar to Cottle at Gas City last year.
Watching it in person, I usually sit near turn 1 under the camera stand, it looked to me from where I was, that beauchamp had him
2 Likes: Adolph, tirespinner
hoscalecody (Offline)
  #5 5/24/21 3:04 PM
So why do they put them in the rear anyway? I'm guessing maybe to get less damaged in a wreck or something. For us each time we go to the races, they always say put them on the back torsion rack. We had a pretty serious flip at Montpelier and it was fine so maybe that.

Corky
Tom23 (Offline)
  #6 5/24/21 4:27 PM
Wonder if Casey Shuman would like to chime in
Adolph (Offline)
  #7 5/24/21 4:52 PM
There is another problem too, Seavy theoretically won by .042 seconds which at 70 mph is over 4 feet. No way did he win by 4 feet. I'm not buying the accuracy of the two transponders either. Here's the math: ((5280*70)/(60*60))*.042 = 4.312 feet
3 Likes: chrismattlin, PIT CART, tirespinner
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #8 5/24/21 4:59 PM
There was a race at the Burg six, seven years ago that Stanbrough and I think KTJ crossed the line together. The call was made by transponder and later after a super slow mo frame by frame done by Jackslash, The transponder was right.

Note. Burgs Start/Finish line and scoring loop are just beyond the flag stand.

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: Adolph, FALCONEDDIE
racefan20 (Offline)
  #9 5/24/21 7:18 PM
I guess maybe to stop issues like this maybe they need to put the scoring loop right at the flag stand.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
2 Likes: captrat, tirespinner
Adolph (Offline)
  #10 5/25/21 8:49 PM
Originally Posted by racefan20:
I guess maybe to stop issues like this maybe they need to put the scoring loop right at the flag stand.
And why they are at it check the car for two transponders. That .042 seconds which is 4 feet screams of a hidden transponder placed forward in the car.