IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Rich Mersereau (Offline)
  #21 1/31/19 3:44 AM
How about a a Big Thank You to Bubba and all of the Florida Speedways for offering a complete schedule of races for us snow bird race fans. I've been going since 87, seems to get better every year.
9 Likes: BrentTFunk, fish, i love dirt track racing, interpreter66, mc/rider, racegal, Stevensville Mike, tirespinner, Will Shunk
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #22 1/31/19 10:00 AM
Me, the wife, and Squeak the Cat made it to LaQuinta in Ocala last night. I have it made. Waffle House is a fine minute walk.

Bubba's tonight. Purple hat.

I'll be looking for the yellow jeep.
8 Likes: BrentTFunk, fish, i love dirt track racing, interpreter66, jim goerge, luckybuc97, racegal, tirespinner
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #23 1/31/19 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by Eric Smith:
...But the chance to maybe shake Mike's hand might tip the scales to Volusia...
Man, I hope that isn't the highlight of your trip, Eric.
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, tirespinner
mc/rider (Offline)
  #24 2/3/19 1:22 PM
Headed south Monday morning.Doing both shows at Bubbas and Hendry county. Wahoo! (as in excitement,not Chief)

When in doubt Gas It
9 Likes: Al Pierce, BrentTFunk, jim goerge, luckybuc97, racegal, racenut69, Stevensville Mike, tirespinner, wildman92
wildman92 (Offline)
  #25 2/3/19 2:32 PM
Originally Posted by mc/rider:
Headed south Monday morning.Doing both shows at Bubbas and Hendry county. Wahoo! (as in excitement,not Chief)
Safe travels!! We will see you there!

Jen Kelley (she/her)
8 Likes: BrentTFunk, Dirtfan, i love dirt track racing, mc/rider, racegal, racenut69, Stevensville Mike, tirespinner
speedracer40 (Offline)
  #26 2/3/19 10:07 PM
Heard Nick Bilbee is running the 24p down there. So good luck to them 👍🏿
2 Likes: racegal, tirespinner
jamie24p (Offline)
  #27 2/3/19 10:23 PM
Fake news. Not true.
6 Likes: addictedtodirt, bighd0522, i love dirt track racing, racegal, tirespinner, wildman92
revjimk (Offline)
  #28 2/4/19 7:45 PM
Don't forget Don Garlits museum during the day in Ocala. Astounding collection of drag racing history!
10 Likes: BrentTFunk, interpreter66, jim goerge, Jonr, openwheelfan1, oppweld, Stevensville Mike, tirespinner, Will Shunk, WinglessLovers
ISF (Offline)
  #29 2/5/19 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by revjimk:
Don't forget Don Garlits museum during the day in Ocala. Astounding collection of drag racing history!
In addition to the drag racing displays and memorabilia the Garlits museum contains a very nice collection of classic cars and '60's & 70's American muscle cars. The Garlits museum is well worth the time, effort and money to see. Make sure you have a couple of hours to insure of seeing everything there is to see.

Silver Crown Championship Dirt Cars properly driven on a one mile dirt track are classic poetry in motion. Using that analogy, Jack Hewitt is one of the greatest poets of all time.
7 Likes: BrentTFunk, interpreter66, jim goerge, LB, Stevensville Mike, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #30 2/5/19 11:18 AM
Best wishes for safe travel, good weather, and great racing to you all. Mike I sure wish I could join you down there but duty calls. If I’m not asking too much could you tip one for me
9 Likes: BrentTFunk, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, mc/rider, oppweld, racegal, racenut69, Stevensville Mike, tirespinner