IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jack Hewitt Classic forum
7/25/14, 9:32 AM   #11
Re: Jack Hewitt Classic forum
larsonfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Kaiser View Post
How many other classes are you running that night????
Just the modifieds and the mini sprints, according to the schedule.

7/25/14, 12:23 PM   #12
WRP DK

Yes only three classes that night because I want to balance focusing on the Non Wing Sprints in honor of Jack and still provide time to work on cars.

I'm loving these ideas.

If there is anyone that would like to sponsor a challenge please let me know and we will certainly make that happen.

7/25/14, 12:39 PM   #13
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Two 25 lap B Features lined up odd, even qualifiers

Top 10 from each.

4 from a Non qualifiers race of possitions 11-15 from both. Possitions 16th back from the two B's go on the trailer.

Line up feature on qualifying times of those remaining.

40 Laps.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 7/25/14 at 12:40 PM.

7/25/14, 12:41 PM   #14
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Winner take all!
Would lower the car count but somebody'd be really happy and it'd be the largest Winner share in the USA for NW.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 7/25/14 at 12:42 PM.

7/25/14, 1:30 PM   #15
larsonfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRP DK View Post
Yes only three classes that night because I want to balance focusing on the Non Wing Sprints in honor of Jack and still provide time to work on cars.

I'm loving these ideas.

If there is anyone that would like to sponsor a challenge please let me know and we will certainly make that happen.
Can you explain a little more? Do you mean like a lap sponsor? Sorry for being stupid, but today has been rough!

7/25/14, 1:40 PM   #16
double checkered

Larson,
I put the idea of a bonus/challange in a previous post. So I believe that is a reference to that if anyone wants to offer a bonus. I'm in for $63 for the Hewitt Hard Charger. Same as last year.....and I may put up the rest for the Double Checkered Challange.

Jeremy

7/25/14, 10:13 PM   #17
Will Shunk

I know there are pros and cons to any scenario but you might try this idea. The Burg runs BOSS and USAC in Kansas. So let's say 32 non wing sprint cars show up. Pushing off for each set of hot laps, place the two fire trucks in the middle of 1 & 2 and 3 & 4 to keep drivers from tearing up the track surface prior to green flag. Remove the fire trucks and run four hot lap sessions of eight cars for four green flag laps. Following sprint car hot laps roll the track back in with the push trucks and give the sprints a strict 15 minutes from the end of hot laps to make adjustments and line up in the chute for qualifications. Sprints get a 3/4 warm up lap and one green lap on the clock.

The goal is to keep the track as consistent for each sprint car qualifier, 1 thru 32. I believe qualifying is the most fair way to line up a racing program of such importance. Man against the clock is still a fan favorite if not drawn out, clearly understandable, and can build excitement for the racing to come.

Next run the mods and minis' hot laps. Water very well after the minis and get on with the Hewitt Classic heats. Regardless the method for lining up the sprints, I will definitely be at the FIELD on August 2nd.

7/25/14, 11:31 PM   #18
WRP DK

Yes Double Checkers is correct I was talking about the bonuses he mentioned. Thanks for the hard charger award.

7/26/14, 1:04 AM   #19
fasster23

I'm in KC MO and was wondering how I can get a Hewitt Shirt? The dude is way to cool for me to continue to miss this race. Maybe next year I'll load up the hot rod and make the 500 mile trip and run with you guys.

1 member likes this post: i love dirt track racing
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jack Hewitt Classic forum