IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > NASCAR Trucks @ Eldora-OT
7/24/14, 9:38 AM   #41
Re: NASCAR Trucks @ Eldora-OT
mr g

They have taken the first step and ran at Eldora. NEXT lets see how they run at Knoxville..........

1 member likes this post: Puddin33
7/24/14, 12:13 PM   #42
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISF View Post
We aren't NASCAR fans but we found the Eldora truck race very entertaining. It is puzzling how any objective dirt oval track racing fan would not enjoy the racing last night. Preconceived notions or bias notwithstanding.

In the heats they looked like turtles the feature however was quite entertaining

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

1 member likes this post: speed bump
7/24/14, 3:08 PM   #43
jim goerge

I watched 3 heats and that was enough for me Looked to me like track prep and Napcar listened to what ol Ted Johnson always asked for hard dry and slick

7/24/14, 3:17 PM   #44
cowboyhar69

Need some help here, people...did I hear this correctly? The small part of it that I watched had one of the pit interviewers talking about how they moved a lot of the dirt away from the wall this spring and spread it farther away from the wall to make the banking the same in the middle of the track. The guy had an angle which showed the banking at 15 degrees...much less than was the original 24 degree banking. Sounds like it isn't the same Eldora.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

4 members like this post: dirtball, jim goerge, sc17x, SOROKACH35FAN
7/24/14, 3:31 PM   #45
Task Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyhar69 View Post
Need some help here, people...did I hear this correctly? The small part of it that I watched had one of the pit interviewers talking about how they moved a lot of the dirt away from the wall this spring and spread it farther away from the wall to make the banking the same in the middle of the track. The guy had an angle which showed the banking at 15 degrees...much less than was the original 24 degree banking. Sounds like it isn't the same Eldora.
Thats what I was wondering...was this done just for the trucks or is the banking going to stay at 15 degrees now for the rest of the year?

1 member likes this post: dirtball
7/24/14, 4:13 PM   #46
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

The tracks been nothing close to 24* for years, If ever although it seems they may have taken even a bit more out.

I know in the spring, The Sprints at USAC were having a hard time getting into turn one, I credit that more to the color of the dirt than anything as you couldn't distinguish the cushion edge.

1 member likes this post: larsonfan
7/24/14, 5:03 PM   #47

you can not have a track that makes all f your top dogs look silly. For a wed. night race, I was entertined. Better than watching most other channels. I will watch again.

7/24/14, 5:12 PM   #48
rr826mh

Found this post on another sight. Kinda summed things up.

Probably a lot of Nascar fans watching tonight. Those people might be more likely to go check out there local dirt track. The track was perfect for these trucks they could race all over it top to bottom. Also those trucks are tough as hell. Some of those guys hit the walls 50 times and didn't really slow down. Now on to Tony. He has done nothing but dump piles of money into that place. The prices have all stayed the same since he owned it. A beer, Hot Dog, Pit pass, T-Shirts all cost the same as in 2004. He has put in New lights, New fence, walkways, suites, more concessions, more beer tents, go kart track, big screen/leader board. He has also raced there in 360's 410's Late Models, modifieds. Plus he helps out other tracks buy showing up and racing. Its cool to see someone that could be out a big boat with a bunch of strippers choosing to do what he can to help out dirt racing.

3 members like this post: PIT CART, speed bump, Task Force
7/24/14, 6:11 PM   #49
stockracer

who won? any results?

7/24/14, 6:30 PM   #50
TQ29m

Bubba Wallace, with Larson second!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > NASCAR Trucks @ Eldora-OT