IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Illinois
3/21/20, 6:30 PM   #11
interpreter66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
I read that there was a state that classified that as essential services. Can't remember which one tho.
Gotta be Colorado

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
3/21/20, 6:48 PM   #12
Re: Illinois
ISF

According to the article I read in the chitcago tribune the liquor stores and cannabis dispensaries in Illinois will remain open for business.

3 members like this post: jdull99, racenut69, tirespinner
3/21/20, 7:29 PM   #13
bullring

Pot dispensaries are considered an “essential” business in Illinois, along with every other business pretty much other than clothing store.

2 members like this post: jdull99, tirespinner
3/22/20, 1:55 AM   #14
Re: Illinois
jdull99

I was told (again, I have NO personal interest in it...lol - 4 real...IF anything, I've felt bad for the old pot dealers that were displaced the 1st of the year...lol); that - at least in Rockford - they take orders online, but the website doesn't work the best (most likely overloaded) and there is a limited window. Oh well. Good for them all...they get an excuse to leave their house...lol
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
Last edited by jdull99; 3/22/20 at 1:56 AM.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
3/22/20, 6:10 PM   #15
racer-x

In 2017 40,327 people in the United States were killed in car accidents . I’m sure all you people at home watching tv tonight saw that statistic from our great Bad news media!!

2 members like this post: jdull99, tirespinner
3/22/20, 8:22 PM   #16
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
In 2017 40,327 people in the United States were killed in car accidents . I’m sure all you people at home watching tv tonight saw that statistic from our great Bad news media!!
If you are going to make comparisons please find ones which are similar. SARS vs Covina-19 or air disaster deaths vs highway deaths. Lastly, what good does it to bash the media? Change the channel etc like a free individual. Be safe, and if you don't like the messenger get another one. Lots of choices in our country.

6 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, erich45, Ken Bonnema, mc/rider, racenut69, rick42
3/23/20, 7:19 AM   #17
racer-x

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrat View Post
If you are going to make comparisons please find ones which are similar. SARS vs Covina-19 or air disaster deaths vs highway deaths. Lastly, what good does it to bash the media? Change the channel etc like a free individual. Be safe, and if you don't like the messenger get another one. Lots of choices in our country.
Since you seem to like the media so much claptrap what do you think the chances of there even being a car race this summer when they spend 24/7 telling about the disease. A local butcher told me yesterday that if one person contacts the disease cutting meat they will shut that industry down also. .

The reason I compared the deaths to car related deaths is we find it normal in this country when someone dies in a car to not do anything ( heck we put our family in a car and drive to his funeral).

The thought of shutting this much of the economy down should scare everyone more then thought of contacting a cold that you can probably get rid of . I wish in the statistics the bad news channel would report the age, weight, if they smoked and were they in good health before they contacted it.

Good luck to everyone on here as our way of life is GOING to change!

3/23/20, 11:03 AM   #18
PJ Wright

One local news station recently reported an incident where "two cars were shooting at each other"(I didn't know weaponry was an option on vehicles). Another reported that police were searching for a man "wanted for robbing 4 banks in 5 states" (new math?). I was a career firefighter and was on numerous calls where the media reports did not match up with what I knew had happened. Whether these errors were due to carelessness, stupidity or were purposeful can be debated elsewhere. The point is that anyone who believes the media 100% is very naive.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

5 members like this post: flagboy55, jdull99, PIT CART, skids59, tirespinner
3/23/20, 12:05 PM   #19
captrat

One of the problems facing people today as both consumers and providers of information is that we often take heresay or anecdotal experiences and apply them to make a broad generalizations. Too often we hear " I heard " or "they said" or " I feel". These types of things are fine as long as we understand their limitations. I much prefer the use of data and objectivity.

5 members like this post: erich45, rick42, skids59, TQ29m, Will Shunk
3/26/20, 8:19 AM   #20
Rhody

Race Count This Year: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
What are the chances that 40,327 deaths turns into 6 million deaths? No chance of that. In a pandemic, 5 can turn into millions, and by the time you say "Wow, this really bad" its too late. I did a rough model, it showed us passing your highway death number on May 1. If we locked down everything and added no new cases the model showed a half million dead by May 15. If we waited 2 days after passing the highway death number to stop all new cases, the death toll would be .6 million.
Last edited by Rhody; 3/26/20 at 9:10 AM.

3 members like this post: erich45, kendirt, SoIllSprinter
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Illinois