IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Katlynn Leer
2/16/20, 12:47 AM   #1
Katlynn Leer
openwheelfan1

For those of you more statistically oriented than I, here is a question for you: is Katlynn Leer the first female to start two consecutive USAC SPRINT features? I believe there have been women start consecutive USAC midget features (Sarah Fisher and possibly one other) but I can’t think of any woman than has done so in a sprint car.

2 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, tirespinner
2/16/20, 12:54 AM   #2
flagboy55

I don’t know about that. I would think Bev Griffis would have started consecutive midget races, but that’s just a guess. I do know I’m pulling for Kaitlin. She had a tough go tonight but I hope she runs more in Indiana this year

3 members like this post: Indy1808, oppweld, tirespinner
2/16/20, 1:06 AM   #3
Re: Katlynn Leer
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
I don’t know about that. I would think Bev Griffis would have started consecutive midget races, but that’s just a guess. I do know I’m pulling for Kaitlin. She had a tough go tonight but I hope she runs more in Indiana this year
Thats what I would have guessed especially if you count the regional series at the Speedrome. Maybe Richie could look it up for us.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

3 members like this post: flagboy55, luckybuc97, tirespinner
2/16/20, 3:50 AM   #4
richie

There have been several women who've made consecutive USAC National Midget starts. Holley Hollan, Karsyn Elledge and Holly Shelton, among others, were series regulars over the last couple years.

The list of females with USAC National Sprint Car starts is pretty short, and Katlynn has the most.

Katlynn Leer - 4 starts
Jordan Weaver - 2 starts
Shauna Hogg - 1 starts
Sheila Rankin - 1 starts
Last edited by richie; 2/16/20 at 2:34 PM.

2/16/20, 9:11 AM   #5
chop

Not sure on my facts or not. Some old timers like me may be able to help. Did the late Kara Hendrick not start a lot of USAC midget races? What about Sarah McCune? In the mid 80's when USAC ran some wing sprint car races. Did Kelly Braithwaite made a show in Michigan?

3 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, midget39, tirespinner
2/16/20, 11:29 AM   #6
openwheelfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie View Post
There have been several women who've made consecutive USAC National Midget starts. Holley Hollan, Karsyn Elledge and Holly Shelton, among others, were series regulars over the last couple years.

However, it is correct that Katlynn Leer did become the first woman to start consecutive USAC National Sprint Car races this past weekend.

The list of females with USAC National Sprint Car starts is pretty short, and Katlynn has the most.

Katlynn Leer - 4 starts
Shauna Hogg - 1 starts
Sheila Rankin - 1 starts

Thank you Mr. Murray! I knew about most of the women in the midgets, but I couldn’t think of any women other than Ms. Leer that had made multiple SPRINT CAR starts.

2 members like this post: RockinRy, tirespinner
2/16/20, 11:32 AM   #7
openwheelfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Like you, I was impressed with her the last two nights at BRP. She was pretty smooth, and competitive. Yeah, she had a rough ride in last nights feature, but there’s not a driver out there that hasn’t done the same thing.

2/16/20, 2:24 PM   #8
Jerry Shaw

The funny part about when she made it into the feature on Friday night, is at the time she finished the B Main, she didn’t know she had transferred. She thought they were only taking 4. She said that in an interview last night. Also, they said she moved to Indiana and will try to run as many USAC races as she can and wherever else she’s able to. So local Indiana fans may get to see her complete at their home track. And that’s a good thing, because she has shown she can drive.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

2/16/20, 2:33 PM   #9
richie

Wanted to make a correction. I completely missed Jordan Weaver who made two consecutive USAC National Sprint starts at Dodge City in 2011. Sorry Jordan!

2/16/20, 5:34 PM   #10
racenut69

Did Erin Evernham race Non-Wing Sprints?

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Katlynn Leer