IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Most midget wins in a season?
6/8/19, 1:47 PM   #1
Most midget wins in a season?
GYATK94

Race Count This Year: 36
Race Count Last Year: 34

I’m hoping Richie Murray comes across this question because I’m sure he’ll be one with the information, but I was wondering what the record for most USAC national midget wins in a season is? With Courtney on a roll, I was wondering if the record might be in trouble of being topped. I’m fairly young, so I don’t know too much of the history of midget racing, but I’m fairly sure the midgets used to run more races every season than they do now despite the midget schedule adding events this year. So, anybody know the record?

6/8/19, 2:16 PM   #2
Re: Most midget wins in a season?
richie

Mel Kenyon won 17 out of 49 in 1967.

6/8/19, 2:46 PM   #3
GYATK94

Race Count This Year: 36
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie View Post
Mel Kenyon won 17 out of 49 in 1967.
Thanks for the info. I had a feeling that question wouldn’t go unanswered very long lol. Well that’ll definitely be tough to top with less races and the competition within the current field. With the Kunz’ stable, Courtney’s teammates and Bell and Larson dropping in occasionally to compete, him winning another 13 seems highly unlikely. Those few factors in his way doesn’t do justice to the entire field either. KT, J Mac, Boat and others add to an already loaded midget group. The rest of the season should be great.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Most midget wins in a season?