IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hoosier Hundred to Terre Haute
11/29/19, 10:47 PM   #31
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier race fan View Post
Will they be spraying some of that moisture into the stands?
Normally do at THAT

4 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, jim goerge, luckybuc97, tirespinner
11/30/19, 7:38 AM   #32
Sprints fan 11

Quote:
Will the start times be 8:30 p.m. for sprint week since it is moving 2 weeks further into the excessive heat of late July?
Not every ISW show was moved back. Only 2 were due to heat Most weekly start at 7:30 due. For the most part it is not too hot in the summer. Now it would be nice to go back to Central time for the summer.

2 members like this post: dirt330, tirespinner
11/30/19, 9:35 AM   #33
Re: Hoosier Hundred to Terre Haute
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post

Way too late. Use more moisture.
LOL THAT use moisture LOL won"t happen till hell freezes over

11/30/19, 9:58 AM   #34
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
Do you ever go to races in July and August? They push time back and you’ll be complaining about getting back home 2 hours later from Haubstadt
My comment was absolutely “tongue in cheek” to see how the old hens here would react. I just know that moving sprintweek back increases the chances for really hot Indiana weather that cause fans to complain. My proposal of 8:30 was an exaggeration. Last year they moved some start times back and it worked out just fine. There were some who complained about getting home late before the races even occurred and supposedly stayed home because of it. I would not complain about the weather or going to a race and getting home late. I attended 3 last year that I got back home from after 3 am. It was 96 degrees on the day of one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
Chief You know some people would bitc# if they got hung with a new rope
Not b*tching. Poking fun at those that do. See my reply above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
Normally do at THAT
They may need to if it is hot again this year. A crowd that consists of many fans that are getting older and can’t sit out in the heat for an extended period of time is something to consider. Many will go no matter what the temp is, but a substantial number of people would be influenced by the weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprints fan 11 View Post
Not every ISW show was moved back. Only 2 were due to heat Most weekly start at 7:30 due. For the most part it is not too hot in the summer. Now it would be nice to go back to Central time for the summer.
Right, as I mentioned above, my comment was intended partially as sarcasm (the part about not starting until 8:30 and spraying water into the crowd). Some races could be moved back to 8 and it would help if it is hot. I agree completely about going to Central Time.

3 members like this post: progressive22, Sprints fan 11, tirespinner
11/30/19, 10:44 AM   #35
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
...I just know that moving sprintweek back increases the chances for really hot Indiana weather that cause fans to complain....
Not that this will happen in the near future, but some of you older fans might have a comment on this:

Has ISW ever been run at a different time of the Summer? Indiana Midget Week is in early June-ish. Has ISW always been mid-to-late July? I do know from fans here on the forum that all ISW races were not necessarily run in Indiana, too.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, tirespinner
11/30/19, 10:48 AM   #36
i love dirt track racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkdorkboy View Post
Rumors on the Dirt Nerds podcast were Wednesday of the Royal was going to be unsanctioned race for both classes.
We just renewed our kings royal tickets and called about the Wednesday night racing and it sounds like that the non wing racing event will be unsanctioned and $10, 000 to win for both racing events on Wednesday night. LOL.

3 members like this post: PIT CART, Stevensville Mike, tirespinner
11/30/19, 11:04 AM   #37
Rpracing1

Quote:
They may need to if it is hot again this year. A crowd that consists of many fans that are getting older and can’t sit out in the heat for an extended period of time is something to consider. Many will go no matter what the temp is, but a substantial number of people would be influenced by the weather.
If you ever watch their water truck driver, he has no problem spraying the water in the folding chair area.

I’ll take 95 over 10 degrees any day.

5 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, dirt330, jim goerge, tirespinner, TNRustler
11/30/19, 3:42 PM   #38
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecitytornado View Post
USAC ran with WoO on the Opening night of Kings Royal week at Eldora because of the Rainout from,May, but heard rumors that USAC could be a permanent part on Kings Royal week on Wednesday. We will see.
ISW should stay as it is!!! We don"t need tony and his eldora gang messing with ISW, people go to eldora to watch wings,same as people come to ISW to watch the best NON wing run. Adding eldora to ISW is just a bone head idea

4 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, jonboat15, oppweld, tirespinner
11/30/19, 4:04 PM   #39
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
ISW should stay as it is!!! We don"t need tony and his eldora gang messing with ISW, people go to eldora to watch wings,same as people come to ISW to watch the best NON wing run. Adding eldora to ISW is just a bone head idea
I think where this is going, per this thread Jim (correct me if I am wrong, men), is that ISW might move back a week, or so for 2020. Hence the 7/29 Terre Haute date.

If this is the case, ISW will then NOT be running head-to-head with the Kings Royal week/weekend. The Wednesday of the Kings Royal week for 2020 is an open date, which apparently is now going to be filled with an "open" non-wing event for sprints, as ildtr has pointed out with his ticket renewal. If this scenario plays out, ISW will not be impinged upon by Eldora Speedway.

11/30/19, 7:42 PM   #40
opnwhlmnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
I think where this is going, per this thread Jim (correct me if I am wrong, men), is that ISW might move back a week, or so for 2020. Hence the 7/29 Terre Haute date.

If this is the case, ISW will then NOT be running head-to-head with the Kings Royal week/weekend. The Wednesday of the Kings Royal week for 2020 is an open date, which apparently is now going to be filled with an "open" non-wing event for sprints, as ildtr has pointed out with his ticket renewal. If this scenario plays out, ISW will not be impinged upon by Eldora Speedway.
We have a winner!!!

Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hoosier Hundred to Terre Haute