IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gear ratios help for Speedweek
7/8/19, 12:49 PM   #1
Gear ratios help for Speedweek
Okie Greg

Im planing on bringing our non wing car up from Oklahoma for my son Matt to drive the first four nights of Speedweek. Can someone help me with info on what gear I will need at Gas City, Plymouth, Kokomo and Lawrenceburg? I will have to return home for work after Lawrenceburg. I would welcome any other suggestions on what to expect from these tracks also. We have an All Pro 286-2 Claxton 410.

We also could use some good used tires if anyone has some for sale.

My son Matt, currently drives the Krockenburger 21x. They are unable to make the first four night due to work obligations. Matt will finish out Speedweek back in the Krockenburger car.

Call text or message here. Thank you for any help.

Greg Moore
(405)401-4478

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, i love dirt track racing, JarrettFarms73
7/8/19, 1:28 PM   #2
JarrettFarms73

Sorry that i’m of no help for gear ratios but i wanted to wish you and Matt good luck. Looking forward to seeing you run a few nights!

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, i love dirt track racing, Okie Greg, oppweld
7/8/19, 2:08 PM   #3
i love dirt track racing

I am definitely not a person that has a answer on that information but just wanted to say thanks for your teams and family's for coming to isw and have fun and enjoy the great hospitality that the racing family's and teams will be provided for isw. I will definitely come back in the pits and say thanks to you guys. Have fun and enjoy all the great things that we all love. Thanks. God bless America. Wow.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Okie Greg, oppweld
7/8/19, 2:29 PM   #4
Re: Gear ratios help for Speedweek
CRA91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okie Greg View Post
Im planing on bringing our non wing car up from Oklahoma for my son Matt to drive the first four nights of Speedweek. Can someone help me with info on what gear I will need at Gas City, Plymouth, Kokomo and Lawrenceburg? I will have to return home for work after Lawrenceburg. I would welcome any other suggestions on what to expect from these tracks also. We have an All Pro 286-2 Claxton 410.

We also could use some good used tires if anyone has some for sale.

My son Matt, currently drives the Krockenburger 21x. They are unable to make the first four night due to work obligations. Matt will finish out Speedweek back in the Krockenburger car.

Call text or message here. Thank you for any help.

Greg Moore
(405)401-4478
I've got some notes from the last time i ran Sprint Week which was 7yrs. ago but they will get you in the ballpark. Can't help you with Plymouth as i've never been there,Lawrenceburg i ran a 5:63 and at both Kokomo and Gas City i ran a 5:97.

I hope this helps you Good Luck
Last edited by CRA91; 7/8/19 at 2:30 PM. Reason: spelling

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Okie Greg, oppweld, Speedmax3, spicoli
7/8/19, 2:29 PM   #5
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Be great to have you back for ISW. Good luck and always safety.

7/8/19, 2:55 PM   #6
Okie Greg

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement and advice. You can not beat the hospitality of Indiana race fans and teams offer. It is like no other place! Im looking forward to spending some time with my son, who lives in Avon now and meeting many of you.
Last edited by Okie Greg; 7/8/19 at 3:00 PM.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, i love dirt track racing, oppweld
7/8/19, 3:35 PM   #7
on_the_edge

A 5.96-6.07 should get you through the first 3 nights. All pretty similar you can get away with running about the same gear at each. I'd go with a 5.68 or so at Lawrenceburg. Every engine is a little different but those should get you close.

7/8/19, 8:22 PM   #8
badcoupe

Burg is def big plus depending on line/track conditions but the numbers provided should be close. I’m a midget guy but I’ll ask around a few of my sprint car peeps. If there’s anything you need help with while you’re here don’t hesitate to ask! 5.50-5.70 should be all you need
Last edited by badcoupe; 7/8/19 at 8:41 PM.

1 member likes this post: Okie Greg
7/8/19, 10:59 PM   #9
bsmith8

If you have a Claxton engine try reaching out to Jeff for advice. I am sure the Krocks could help you out as well. Good Luck !!!

1 member likes this post: Okie Greg
7/9/19, 5:14 PM   #10
spankytoo

Race Count This Year: 22

Don't know about Plymouth
Gas City 6:18
Kokomo 5:96
Lawremceburg 5:55
Terre Haute 5:14
Lincoln Park 6:18
Bloomington 6:18
Habstaudt 6:18

These will get you about 8100 RPM

2 members like this post: Okie Greg, wallbanger II
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gear ratios help for Speedweek