IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
kb78 (Offline)
  #1 2/3/23 3:51 PM
I must say that I am as excited for the USAC season as I have ever been, I feel like there are more potential champions in the field than I have seen in a long time. Obviously by the time they get through Sprintweek the contenders for the crown get pared down a bit but as of now ( and this is off the top of my head) I believe that Grant, Bacon, Seavey, KTJ, Moles and Leary are all contenders on capable teams. I think that Ballou and Jake Swanson could both win it but I am not positive that I have read that they were following the tour full time although I assume they are.

I read that Westfall and Jadon Rodgers are both doing the whole tour, I am not convinced that they could win the championship but I feel like they both have an excellent chance to win races.

I don't want to leave anyone out, I guess I am just saying that before all of the whining starts on here I want to get a positive post out there for the potential of one of the greatest seasons that I have seen.
18 Likes: berks co, BrentTFunk, dirtybob29, Dougherty20, flagboy55, Grocery Guy, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, LUCKYONE, miledirt, openwheelfan1, oppweld, PIT CART, Sprints fan 11, Stevensville Mike, sw1911, tirespinner, TNRustler
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #2 2/3/23 4:26 PM
Originally Posted by kb78:
I must say that I am as excited for the USAC season as I have ever been, I feel like there are more potential champions in the field than I have seen in a long time. Obviously by the time they get through Sprintweek the contenders for the crown get pared down a bit but as of now ( and this is off the top of my head) I believe that Grant, Bacon, Seavey, KTJ, Moles and Leary are all contenders on capable teams. I think that Ballou and Jake Swanson could both win it but I am not positive that I have read that they were following the tour full time although I assume they are.

I read that Westfall and Jadon Rodgers are both doing the whole tour, I am not convinced that they could win the championship but I feel like they both have an excellent chance to win races.

I don't want to leave anyone out, I guess I am just saying that before all of the whining starts on here I want to get a positive post out there for the potential of one of the greatest seasons that I have seen.

Fairly safe and accurate assessment there.
9 Likes: BrentTFunk, Dirtfan, dirtybob29, flagboy55, Grocery Guy, Hustlin-Hoosier, luckybuc97, oppweld, tirespinner
openwheelfan1 (Offline)
  #3 2/3/23 6:09 PM
Originally Posted by kb78:

I saw a press release a little bit ago that Jake Swanson WAS going to be campaigning the whole USAC sprint car season. Also, I think I read that Emerson Axsom will be chasing the USAC sprint car title. If so, I think that makes 10 drivers that will be chasing points and planning to be at all the events. It ought to make for a great season!
9 Likes: BrentTFunk, fish, flagboy55, Grocery Guy, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, luckybuc97, oppweld, tirespinner
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #4 2/3/23 6:45 PM
I wouldn't count anyone out. Luck rolls strange and if you look at past years it isn't about the most wins, It's about the least DNF's.

Two years ago Bacon had two or three incidents that most wouldn't have been able to continue racing that night. One was at Warsaw indiana, One at THAT and one at Burg. I think he podiumed a couple of em and just missed the other.

Anyway, Strong, Very strong contingent. Axom had a darn fine year for a rookie last year. Gonna be a contender every night now. Moles, I would not put a championship out of his reach as long as he limits the mistakes. Ballou needs to qualify better. But I'd never count him out in a race. Don't think Hard Charger gets ya any points other than what the finish pays.

Hope more will run more USAC shows, I mean last pays more than fourth or fifth at most reg shows and they do have great insurance for members.

As always, THE BEAST man/ woman will win

Charles Nungester
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, Ilovedirttrackracing
racefan20 (Offline)
  #5 2/3/23 7:49 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
I wouldn't count anyone out. Luck rolls strange and if you look at past years it isn't about the most wins, It's about the least DNF's.

Two years ago Bacon had two or three incidents that most wouldn't have been able to continue racing that night. One was at Warsaw indiana, One at THAT and one at Burg. I think he podiumed a couple of em and just missed the other.

Anyway, Strong, Very strong contingent. Axom had a darn fine year for a rookie last year. Gonna be a contender every night now. Moles, I would not put a championship out of his reach as long as he limits the mistakes. Ballou needs to qualify better. But I'd never count him out in a race. Don't think Hard Charger gets ya any points other than what the finish pays.

Hope more will run more USAC shows, I mean last pays more than fourth or fifth at most reg shows and they do have great insurance for members.

As always, THE BEAST man/ woman will win
Warsaw?

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, erich45, OnTheHammer, tirespinner
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #6 2/3/23 8:04 PM
Originally Posted by racefan20:
Warsaw?

Plymouth

Charles Nungester
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, racefan20
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #7 2/3/23 8:33 PM
78. I too am looking forward to the season, I think all the above opinions are valid. One thing I’m excited about is I’m planning both nights at a new track Macon. Always wanted to go, but never made it. To all of your points, a strong contingent of title seekers to Eastern Storm may mean my first trip to Pennsylvania. Definitely sounds like a season we won’t want to miss!
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, dirtybob29, luckybuc97, oppweld
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #8 2/3/23 9:02 PM
Nice discussion, men.

Chiming in live from the West Coast of Michigan.... Mike
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, tirespinner
oppweld (Offline)
  #9 2/4/23 1:18 AM
Don't forget about Stockon and Pursley!
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, luckybuc97, opnwhlmnd, RHR, tirespinner, TNRustler
Sprints fan 11 (Offline)
  #10 2/5/23 6:15 PM
How many different winners will there be? Over under be about 12 or 13? Seems like last year or 2 when Sunshine and Windom left people were talking like USAC was struggling.
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, oppweld, PIT CART, tirespinner