IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Asphalt Sprints & Sunday races
6/23/19, 1:05 PM   #1
Asphalt Sprints & Sunday races
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

To get the cars-
Change rules to allow dirt cars to run with only minimal low cost adjustments to race. (Just like days of old.)

To get the fans-
Don’t schedule the same Sunday as another Sunday track, (which by the way doesn’t run every Sunday), regardless of the start time.

One of the better races I ever attended at Winchester was a usac event with 17 or 18 cars and no support classes. Since everyone made the feature after the heats, they had an hour intermission. They opened up the gates and invited everyone in to experience the view of high bank asphalt, get driver autographs and sometimes sit in the cars.
My son still speaks of those fond memories from all of that.
IRP also used to do this but not sure now. They ran this Thursday Night Thunder addict off by charging absorbingly high prices for everything, Including paying for parking.
————//————
**I have always loved Sunday racing. Must be from my youth at Lil Springfield.
You start early and finish early just like Kokomo & Terre Haute before the lights. Then families can attend and mom and dad still get their rest before the work week starts.
——————//—————-
Now lastly...My hats off to Rick Dawson, AVSS & I’m sure many other officials, car owners and drivers involved for trying to bring a Asphalt Sprint Racing back to us. I wish absolutely nothing but success.
—————//————-
Everyone is entitled to express an opinion but doesn’t mean you can’t express it as a polite disagreement and not like a wild attack dog.
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Asphalt Sprints & Sunday races