IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
johnreuterracing (Offline)
  #1 10/2/11 9:13 PM
...to anyone that has a dream, big or small. Go for it. What do you have to lose? If you want it bad enough, you can achieve it. No matter how much time, effort, or money it takes. The drive and determination to accomplish something out weighs all those factors.

I'm on my way to accomplishing a dream because I said so. I don't care what any doubters of mine have to say. We'll see who is satisfied in five to ten years.

The inspiration for this post was seeing a kid like Kyle Larson, not having a ride, and now he is on Wind Tunnel, and he has won some of the biggest races this season as well.

Also, my buddy Logan Schuchart. The Grandson of Bobby Allen. His dream was to race a sprint car with the World of Outlaws. He accomplished that dream Friday, but was also on his way to possibly passing Jason Meyers and winning the feature until he got up in the wall. This was the kids 3rd ever 410 start, 1st 410 race at the Grove, 1st WoO race, and 2nd time on Goodyears.

My dream: To come out to Indy and be one of the greatest Open Wheel drivers of all time. I plan on making this dream come true.
12 Likes: Adams44, davidm, dirt330, dirtnonwingfan, Hawker, IndyBound, MWestfallfan54, Russell Ficklin, SCOTT M, Seadog, Sickfan, STP
Bostonian (Offline)
  #2 10/4/11 6:37 PM
That my friend is called the "American Dream" Sadly most people have lost sight of that. I have a nephew also chasing his dream. He's now playing Jr A hockey in Canada, even after they all said he didn't have a chance! (not me!) He's had his dream since he was four years old, and now at nineteen he's getting closer to making it come true

If you want it bad enough I say Go For It

My favorite quote is by Arthur Buddhold "Follow Your Passion and Success Will Follow You"
dirt330 (Offline)
  #3 10/4/11 7:34 PM
Go after your dream. I was at the four crown at eldora and told everyone that would listen to me to watch what kyle larson was going to do. He made me sound like a genisus . I have attended every indy 500 since 1959 and have seen many many great drivers chasing their dreams. Hope one day to see you at the indy 500. What part of the country are you from ?
  #4 10/4/11 9:40 PM
Bostonian- That's cool to hear as I am a big hockey fan! Hope he accomplishes his dreams!

Dirt- I am from NJ. Grew up with dirt modified and winged sprint car racing. I love that stuff, but every June when the USAC boys come to town I am like a kid in a candy shop.
Posted via Mobile Device
MWestfallfan54 (Offline)
  #5 10/4/11 9:58 PM
My dream is to race either a non-wing sprintcar or a late model and I will do anything to make it happen! Still being a teen and not having parent's support of my dream makes it tough to keep optimistic about it but people like you, people that believe and are encouraging, are what keep me thinking it's possible!
  #6 10/4/11 11:39 PM
Keep your head up! i have my dads support all the way, but we don't have the money to rent out a 410 or midget for me. The micro deal is all I can afford. Im' just hoping to save up my money, maybe get a couple of sponsors, or get lucky and land a ride in something, even if it's only for one race to show what I can do.
Posted via Mobile Device
#1Brad Kuhn Fan (Offline)
  #7 10/5/11 6:35 AM
My dream is to race the dirt tracks in Indiana in an open wheel race car... ill be making my 1st start 2maro at brownstown in a Tq midget.... even though my dream was a smaller one. I made it happen.... so can YOU
Posted via Mobile Device
ThrowbackRacingTeam (Offline)
  #8 10/5/11 9:56 AM
I chased my racing dream and put it ahead of everything else and ended up broke and in debt with everyone and no career. If you aren't rich my advise to you is to put an education/career first and race if you can. when you're a little older you'll have the money to go racing the right way. Very few end up like Larson. Very many end up like me. But what the hell, go for it. I love watching desperate hard chargers like you!
  #9 10/5/11 1:12 PM
IMO, Dreams are great to have. No way I'd ever say otherwise, I got one of my own. Dreams however have a habit of going poof and then reality sets in. Better I believe is to set realistic goals that can be achieved thru hard work. Every good racer I've ever met had dreams and the successful ones set realistic goals, and built on them. Bottom line is racing is racing, you might not ever live your dream but fun and a feeling of achievment can be had thru any kind of racing.
Al Soran (Offline)
  #10 10/6/11 7:54 AM
I was you thirty years ago, and I went for it. My dream was to pass Kinser coming out of four on the final lap in front of a granstand full of my high school chearleaders, doubters and disbelievers, and my biggest fan, my Dad. Well, I never won a feature. Not one. But my Dad was there every step of the way. He saw me wing-over at Granite City, flip down the frontstretch at Burlington, hit my own trailer at Terre Haute, flip at Danville and Mt. Vernon, meet Tony George, Smokey Yunick, Jeff Gordon at age 13, Rich Vogler, Ray Evernham, "Speedy Bill Smith", and many many others, run in a televised show, miss a WoO feature by two spots, breathe the same dirt and dust as AJ, Mario, Jan, Steve, Sammy, and Doug, all the while learning priceless life lessons and becoming a man. A man my father can be proud of. Although the Kinser pass never happened, many good things did. Opportunities outside of racing opened for me in no small part due to the relationships I made while racing. Dream big, yes, and keep your eyes wide open all the while. Aim high, and you might achieve greatness. If you don't, I guarantee you will still land much higher than had you not gone for it. Good luck!
3 Likes: davidm, SCOTT M, speed bump