IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
grader47 (Offline)
  #1 2/26/17 6:36 PM
What a joke
12 Likes: chathamracefan, dirtball, FALCONEDDIE, jeffc5227, jim goerge, meteorman, motorhead748, speed bump, Speedwrench, Stine388, team3521, Wingman
chathamracefan (Offline)
  #2 2/26/17 6:40 PM
Brian France is undoubtedly the worst league executive in the history of American pro sports. And 2nd isn't even close. At this point I'm just watching to see how ignorant it gets.
8 Likes: billw, davidm, FALCONEDDIE, jim goerge, motorhead748, sprinter14, Stine388, team3521
jim goerge (Offline)
  #3 2/26/17 8:21 PM
I watched my first 500 in years , it will more than likely be my last Ive watched some street stock races and haven"t seen that many crashes
4 Likes: i love dirt track racing, meteorman, turn4, Wingman
sprntr (Offline)
  #4 2/26/17 9:11 PM
Oh, was there a race today?
6 Likes: davidm, jim goerge, scottyCbus, Speedwrench, sprinter14, superstock30
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #5 2/26/17 9:13 PM
I watched the race without turning the channel one time. No issues. I think it's the product of the cars being what they are and the rules.

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
IndianaSprintFan (Offline)
  #6 2/26/17 9:39 PM
I guess I don't see what was so different this year compared to others. Longer cautions? I actually thought the races were pretty exciting all weekend. Now it wasn't non wing at Kokomo or anywhere in the state for that matter but you know what your watching when u tune in. Stop ******** about it here, we don't want to hear it. Everyone knows what nascar is so leave it alone
6 Likes: cleatziff, dirtball, mc/rider, nathans1012, Russ, trannyman
Scooter (Offline)
  #7 2/26/17 9:50 PM
I got a good nap.the last 10 laps were good. Glad i woke up in time
2 Likes: jim goerge, nathans1012
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #8 2/27/17 12:35 AM
In spite of what many of us think of Nascar, I am thankful that it gives guys that we watched race a chance to become wealthy. I am really thankful that some of them own and support sprint car teams. For those 2 reasons alone, I hope Nascar has a long and prosperous future that gives some of our local heroes a chance to strike it rich.
17 Likes: BrentTFunk, cleatziff, cwfan08, dirtball, EBookerFan, erich45, i love dirt track racing, mc/rider, MRE 33, nathans1012, oldfan49, ossuks, racer-x, Ryanshaneosborne, spicoli, sw1911, turn4
scottyCbus (Offline)
  #9 2/27/17 8:10 AM
I didn't watch any of it and feel great!

#10 2/27/17 9:15 AM
Originally Posted by nathans1012:
I watched the race without turning the channel one time. No issues. I think it's the product of the cars being what they are and the rules.
Its terrible racing. Hmmmm the best drivers in the world cant figure out how not to crash each other.
Its the cars. Too fast and pretty much floating around. Go back to the cars they were running in the 70's. The cars were running about the right speeds and could handle some contact. Another series ruined by "advancements".
Also run heat races and a main instead of all the stupid gimmicks. I lasted about 8 or 9 laps before I once again knew I was looking at crap.