IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 60 + races for Mario Marietta Motorsports
2/18/08, 6:18 PM   #11
Re: 60 + races for Mario Marietta Motorsports
smbpreformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalYokel View Post
What exactly would you classify as a real job?

I'd classify a real job as an occupation that you get paid money for, as opposed to a hobby that spends hundreds of thousands of dollars of spaghetti sauce inheritance... but that's just one fools interpretation of the word.

I'll be taking bets on how long it takes this years crew cheif before he tries to choke out Mario, I'm putting the over/under at 7 races... :rolling
You can make money racing many many people do. You just have to do it right. If you can talk to sponsors and represent them well the money is out there to get the bills paid for. If you conserve your equipment and are good enough to win you can make money. Look at the pits for USAC or WoO there are crews dedicated to those cars the smaller teams may be a group of friends doing it for fun but not the bigger teams they are collecting a paycheck they are making money.

Racing is a real job so is football, baseball, acting, rock music, ect ect and it is disrespectful to think it is not.

All people see from the stands is the 3 hours at the race track but they never see the days put into getting that car there for those 3 hours. While there are people out there "playing racecar" that is all they will ever do, however if you are professional and willing to dedicate not only your time but also your life to the sport then the rewards of waking up each morning and getting paid for doing what you love to do is a the greatest feeling in the world

2/18/08, 6:29 PM   #12
Pitpass

Good answer, Sean:thumb

2/18/08, 7:05 PM   #13
ThrottleHead

Last time I checked she does have a real job. She works for a race team. She is the travel coordinator for them. I don't settle for people coming on here bashing friends or family.

2/19/08, 12:00 AM   #14
pgray

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMextreme
who gives a ****, find a real job..
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalYokel
I'd classify a real job as an occupation that you get paid money for, as opposed to a hobby that spends hundreds of thousands of dollars of spaghetti sauce inheritance...
Quote:
I'll be taking bets on how long it takes this years crew chief before he tries to choke out Mario, I'm putting the over/under at 7 races...

The above comments , herein quoted from the previous posts , are very inappropriate , uncalled for , disrespectful , and serve no purpose to the intent of the original thread.

This is what the posting of a team's schedule prompts from IOW ? Amazing !

This is why only a very few drivers and team owners will post on IOW ... sad.

Mario is a very decent and respectful young man of obvious talent who has and will continue to work hard to accomplish his goals. His determination will carry him through and I wish him the very best !!!

See you at the races !

Paul

Paul Gray Motorsports
Brownsburg , Indiana

:checkered: www.mariomarietta.com

2/19/08, 12:34 AM   #15
racinstacie

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 64

Well said Paul!

Gotta comment on this one too...I always hesitate to post on IOW unless it's factual stuff in fear of getting this kind of crap. Well, apparently the facts are just as vulnerable as opinions. In addition, most who have money that would like to put it into the racing industry would first fund their family member, being they wanted to race, before someone else. That's kind of a no brainer...

PS - Good luck to Mario and crew! Hope to see good things out of you!

Might just be my last post - it just isn't worth putting myself out there for the vultures... sad, very sad!

2/19/08, 1:51 AM   #16
pgray

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinstacie
I always hesitate to post on IOW unless it's factual stuff in fear of getting this kind of crap. Well, apparently the facts are just as vulnerable as opinions.

Stacie , sad but true - I've seen this same concern in others that clearly shows a hesitancy to post in fear of getting bashed or just a simply unwarranted response as we have witnessed in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinstacie
Might just be my last post - it just isn't worth putting myself out there for the vultures...

Please don't make this your last post ...

The board can be informative ( D.O. ) ; educational ( Dwight Clock ) ; amusing ( Don Moore ) and there is certainly the all important entertainment factor ( too many to mention ) ! Just try to enjoy - there is much good here !

Thanks for your post ... I know that Mario appreciates your support and kind words !

Paul Gray

:greenflag: www.paulgray28.com

:redflag: www.talk2drivers.com

:checkered: www.mariomarietta.com

2/19/08, 6:08 AM   #17
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:

Quote:
I'd classify a real job as an occupation that you get paid money for, as opposed to a hobby that spends hundreds of thousands of dollars of spaghetti sauce inheritance...

Quote:
I'll be taking bets on how long it takes this years crew chief before he tries to choke out Mario, I'm putting the over/under at 7 races...

I've never understood why people get so jelouse just because others get to live their dreams. Doesn't matter how their doing it as long as it's legal.

Maybe some need to get their own life and GET OVER IT

Chuck, who has nothing against the above posters except that was some of the most dissrespectful posting I've seen on this board.

2/19/08, 8:09 AM   #18
midgy

This is how I see things. Mario is living out his dream of being a reace car driver - whether that is running a midget, sprint or late model. He is putting his butt on the line every time he climbs behind the wheel of his race car.

Can you say that you are living your dream? I can't. I work, Monday-Friday, 7am to 4:30pm and usually longer hours than that. I wish I could follow my dream, which would be to go to any race that I wanted to at any time.

I have been around racing all my life and have met and worked with a lot of drivers. Mario contacted me last year about helping to further his career. Believe me, if I didn't think he had potential, I would have told him no.

Take a look at his schedule - he's driving all across this great country of ours. Try to get to one of his races. Stop by and meet him - you won't be sorry.

2/19/08, 9:54 AM   #19
racerchick85

Hello all, this is Becky and I am Mario's Girlfriend and I guess this post has gotten out of control. I thought it would be nice to get on here and post some news about Mario, thought this is what this chat was about getting peoples names out there. Anyway, Mario will be traveling across the country to follow his dream to NASCAR. Mario has been racing for several years and he wont stop anytime soon. It is sad to see this post quoted below from this particular person:

Quote:

When I read that I couldn

2/19/08, 9:54 AM   #20
racerchick85

Hello all, this is Becky and I am Mario's Girlfriend and I guess this post has gotten out of control. I thought it would be nice to get on here and post some news about Mario, thought this is what this chat was about getting peoples names out there. Anyway, Mario will be traveling across the country to follow his dream to NASCAR. Mario has been racing for several years and he wont stop anytime soon. It is sad to see this post quoted below from this particular person:

Quote:

When I read that I couldn’t believe it......what a shame. I currently work for a racing team myself and you have to put in a lot of hours and have a lot of dedication........that’s why I do it because I love it and it is a real job. So to me it seems like this person is jealous or does not want to see Mario succeed since they know he is a good shoe and will go somewhere. This year we cannot wait to get started. We have an excellent crew chief and a very nice young women that will be helping us out and you all know her........Lisa. Just like Lisa said, if she didn’t think Mario had potential she wouldn’t of said yes to help him. Also thanks for Sean, Paul one of Mario competitors, Lisa, Chuck, and whoever else is trying to say this is awesome to see someone post something about a driver and what they are doing.

BTW this is my ender about the quote this gentleman has said.………….Please tell me where it is written that you had to read this???? If it is such a waste of my time and I need to get a real job well you must have had the time to read it all…….why don’t you get a job…….P.S. have a nice day

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 60 + races for Mario Marietta Motorsports