IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > This makes me want to throw up.
10/2/12, 4:50 PM   #1
This makes me want to throw up.
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

http://www.onedirt.com/news/breaking...-wing-sprints/

I understand the complete safety first issue, but shouldnt Kyle be the final end all-be all decision on what he wants to do with his life?

1 member likes this post: Wallsracing
10/2/12, 5:05 PM   #2
Re: This makes me want to throw up.
racerjim2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn View Post
http://www.onedirt.com/news/breaking...-wing-sprints/

I understand the complete safety first issue, but shouldnt Kyle be the final end all-be all decision on what he wants to do with his life?
That IS what he wants to do Chris...because "they" told he wanted to.

10/2/12, 5:10 PM   #3
Jerry Spencer

He does have some say in the direction his life will go, stay and race non wing cars or do as they ask and the sky is the limit. Very smart move in my opinion. As far as throwing up you might want to start watching what you eat.

Jerry #66j
stida.com

10/2/12, 5:11 PM   #4
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

I was chatting with one of the racing insurance guys a few years ago, and he told me the rates for insuring a winged vs non-winged show were the same; i.e., they thought there was no more risk with one than the other. Does anyone know if that is still true?

10/2/12, 5:11 PM   #5
darnall

This sucks, but we all saw it coming. What sucks the most is that Kyle isn't in the cup series contending for a title, he's in the K&N series getting seat time. If Chip had already inked Kyle to a full time cup, nationwide or truck deal and had sponsor commitments all buttoned up then sure, dictate what he does away from Charlotte all you want. The reality is that even though he may be on the top of the list, he is still nothing more than a bench player for Gannasi, and without a huge corporate check with Kyles name in the memo, he will continue to have sporadic rides at best. Remember how Bryan Clausons deal with Gannasi ended? No funding so no ride. I would hate to see Kyle be told to stop doing what he's making a living doing and never be able to grab the carrot hanging from the end of the Ganassi stick.

The sad fact is, every one of the cup "Super Teams" has umpteen "Development drivers" in their program lined up around the block who will never get in a seat more prominent that the family owned late model they are already driving. There are exponentially more development drivers than there are rides available and although we all know that Kyles talent and accomplishments far outweigh any other development drivers stats, this is the only sport where talent has very little bearing on your future.

10/2/12, 5:16 PM   #6
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Spencer View Post
He does have some say in the direction his life will go, stay and race non wing cars or do as they ask and the sky is the limit. Very smart move in my opinion. As far as throwing up you might want to start watching what you eat.

Jerry #66j
stida.com
Taco bell never sits well with me

1 member likes this post: I Miss Manzy
10/2/12, 6:11 PM   #7
BrentTFunk

I don't think non wing cars are any more dangerous than wing cars, but that is the rap they get. As for Kyle's deal, if I was Gannasi, I would probably want him to focus on my investment. Kyle is a nice young man and people will spend millions on his career, and expect a return on the investment. That is capitalism. I was surprised we saw him as much this year as we did. I wish him luck, and am glad I got to know him while he was here. I was at Eldora when the crash happened, and I thought both cars involved did good for preventing injury.
Last edited by BrentTFunk; 10/2/12 at 6:12 PM. Reason: spelling

1 member likes this post: duel
10/2/12, 6:19 PM   #8
Kansasdirtfan

The article specifically mentions non-wing sprints. Does this mean that we might still see him in a midget from time to time?

1 member likes this post: El1teBr33ze
10/2/12, 7:06 PM   #9
Ovalmeister

I would love to hear Gary Bettenhausen's opinion on this.
David.

7 members like this post: 4t4, duel, opnwhlmnd, Rex W., ronmil, Speedwrench
10/2/12, 7:35 PM   #10
Onlydirt

NASCAR the only 6 letter "four" letter word in sprint cars

4 members like this post: dirtball, duel, interpreter66, pjohnson
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > This makes me want to throw up.