IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
bart (Offline)
  #41 5/31/21 7:20 AM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
Thank you everyone!!! Yes I am home, very sore, and am far from 100%.
Welcome home!

Bart
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, Hustlin-Hoosier, mc/rider, tirespinner
i love dirt track racing (Offline)
  #42 5/31/21 10:44 AM
Brent our racing family have been thinking about you and your family. Glad to hear that you are home and things are getting better for you guys. Get well soon. We missed seeing you at Kokomo last night. Thanks aq for the updates. Simply the best.thanks.
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, luckybuc97, tirespinner
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #43 5/31/21 11:15 AM
We’re always thinking about you guy’s Brent, you and your wife. Looking forward to to you holding court in August!
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, Hustlin-Hoosier, oppweld, Pat O'Connor Fan, tirespinner
revjimk (Offline)
  #44 5/31/21 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by GlobalSpeedway Tours:
Not sure if Australia has chimed in yet Brent, but just in case, here’s wishing you the best. We feel like you must do at the moment. Sick, sore and sorry that we can’t be in the USA as race fans right now.

Our country, along with New Zealand, has handled the pandemic better than most across the world. Very few COVID cases, and to ensure it stays that way, the government have stopped international travel, thus keeping the virus at bay.

And that has meant we can’t get to see all our friends in America at the dozens of race tracks we travel to each northern summer. There’s nothing better than catching up with you across Indiana and I trust that we will be able to again do exactly that very soon.

Get well quickly Brent because when the gates open again downunder, we’ll be back to say hi ....

Pete Physick
Are you the guy I met at a Rest Area on the way to Lawrenceburg a few years ago, wearing "Tony Funk" t-shirt?
That guy knows everyone... Kokomo's Ambassador to Da Woild....
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, oppweld, tirespinner
Pat O'Connor Fan (Offline)
  #45 5/31/21 4:00 PM
Brent, I have away from IOW too long. I just now caught up on you health issues. Kim and I have not met you yet, but we will be sending prayers and good thoughts (Kim has a much better connection on the prayers than I do ........)
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, oppweld, PIT CART, tirespinner
GlobalSpeedway Tours (Offline)
  #46 6/1/21 7:17 AM
Originally Posted by revjimk:
Are you the guy I met at a Rest Area on the way to Lawrenceburg a few years ago, wearing "Tony Funk" t-shirt?
That guy knows everyone... Kokomo's Ambassador to Da Woild....
I’m afraid not revjimk. We’ve stopped at plenty of Rest Areas in our travels, but never was it when clothed in a Tony Funk t-shirt. I confess I’ve never owned one, let alone ever heard Brent swinging the microphone out front of the band.

That’s something I can still look forward to ....
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, i love dirt track racing, oppweld, tirespinner
Andrew S. Quinn (Offline)
  #47 10/10/21 7:06 PM
Brent has had some issues come up and was in the hospital in Indy for a few days. He is back home and Asha said I could post the latest update here....

Brent Update: He’s home and very happy to be! He has a drain tube in his belly that I have to flush 3 times a day and dress. The tube drains infection into a bag. I measure, log, and dump the bag as needed. The doctors can’t find where his bladder is leaking. Once the infection is under more control he will go back to IU Methodist for the doctor to do an exploratory surgery to see where the leak is. He will repair, or if unrepairable, he will build a new bladder. As you see, we still have a long road ahead. Thank you to everyone for keeping us in your vibes and prayers. Love to all♥️
24 Likes: addictedtodirt, Bobv, chrismattlin, Danny Burton, DICNJAN, Eatin Dirt, flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, interpreter66, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, LUCKYONE, mc/rider, oppweld, PIT CART, PJ Wright, racefan20, racenut69, Rcar, Stevensville Mike, tirespinner, wallbanger II, Will Shunk, WinglessLovers
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #48 10/12/21 12:38 AM
Holy samolians <-- if that is really a word, Brent! I had no idea you were in the crosshairs of medical help. This thread started back in late Spring and has just come back up to the surface like Lloyd Bridges in Sea Hunt. An underwater knife fight in every other episode, with bubbling sounds to make us all feel we are under the water with him.

I have had one of those abdominal drain tubes post surgery myself. Here is a little advice from a few years back for me: If you have cats, keep them at arms distance. They see that tube and they have to go for it. In my case, luckily Albert, my cat bud, didn't grab my catheter tube vice the abdomen drain tube. It would have been an all out brawl in the back yard had that happened.

But in all seriousness, friend, positive thoughts and karma to you from here north of the Hoosier border in SW MI. God man, I had no idea you were where you are, but I now have everything positive and from the soul headed your way.

Thanks for the update, Andrew. Brent is everyone's bud.

Just like Jim Georges.

Chiming in live from the West Coast of Michigan.... Mike
6 Likes: luckybuc97, mc/rider, oppweld, PJ Wright, racenut69, tirespinner
Andrew S. Quinn (Offline)
  #49 11/19/21 9:22 PM
Brent Update: This afternoon Brent had a virtual appointment with his surgeon. He is sending Brent to get some X-Rays and is planning to perform this final (hopefully) surgery the week after Thanksgiving to get Brent on the road to full recovery. He is still not out of the woods but going in the right direction.
Brent still has a catheter in and another tube going into his stomach to drain the infection. I still flush this for him daily. He is in pretty good spirits. He really enjoys when his friends give him a call. PM me if you would like his phone number.
This has been going on since February 5th. He has not been released to return to work. Right now the doc wants him to limit being around people to keep other infections away.
Thank you to everyone for your continued good vibes and prayers.
Much love,
Asha
16 Likes: Chief Wahoo, DICNJAN, Dirtfan, duel, flagboy55, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, LUCKYONE, oppweld, PIT CART, PJ Wright, racefan20, racenut69, rimrider69, Stevensville Mike, tirespinner
revjimk (Offline)
  #50 11/19/21 10:21 PM
First friend I made in Indiana & a mighty good one!
Hang in there Brent & Asha!
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, oppweld, PJ Wright, Stevensville Mike, tirespinner