IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > RIP Steve Chrisman
9/13/18, 10:06 PM   #21
racinrich

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdull99 View Post
I also was reminded (by an email I got from Twitter), "Spridge" posted how Steve's car was "the last of the non-downtubes".

And, help me if I'm wrong, didn't Doty win in it twice???
Kevin Doty won 6 USAC races in the Chrisman 25. 3 at Eldora, 2 at North Vernon and 1 at the Burg. He also won several non USAC shows. One that comes to mind was a late 90s Sheldon Kinser memorial at Bloomington where he completely obliterated the field.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, jdull99, tirespinner
9/13/18, 10:22 PM   #22
racinrich

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinser View Post
Doty won the 4 Crown in Niebel’s car in 94. I don’t recall exactly when Doty started driving for Steve. As far as other drivers : Steve Butler, Darland ( Sprint Week 2003 if I remember correctly). It seems like Jerry Coons and Cary Faas both ran his car a few times also. Eric Gordon ran it at IRP once.
Doty won at Eldora in 1995 in the 25 and won 4 USAC races in 1998 for Steve. The cars were never pretty; but they had a whole lot of horsepower.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, jdull99, luckybuc97, tirespinner
9/14/18, 10:26 AM   #23
Re: RIP Steve Chrisman
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinrich View Post
Kevin Doty won 6 USAC races in the Chrisman 25. 3 at Eldora, 2 at North Vernon and 1 at the Burg. He also won several non USAC shows. One that comes to mind was a late 90s Sheldon Kinser memorial at Bloomington where he completely obliterated the field.

Thank-you. (I was WAY off...maybe he had won 2 of those in one year, as my memory). It was cool to follow - mostly via NSSN (other than Sun Prairie, we went there about every week) - what we all could, b4 the www took off...different times, thats for sure...
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

9/14/18, 10:28 AM   #24
Re: RIP Steve Chrisman
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinrich View Post

Thank-you. (I was WAY off...maybe he had won 2 of those in one year, as my memory). It was cool to follow - mostly via NSSN (other than Sun Prairie, we went there about every week) - what we all could, b4 the www took off...different times, thats for sure...

But ya, seems like Stever & Kevin were a pretty good combo for a few years! May they both Rest in Peace.
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
9/14/18, 10:48 AM   #25
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Wow! Can't believe you guys left out Johnnie Parsons Jr. and JacHaudenshild lol both at Eldora. Parsons at Eldora won hotlaps and started near the front in the feature but hit the wall and flipped on first lap. Doty ran the same car later and junked the Adkins chassis at Terre Haute. They went to Stealth after that and the car always had real painted numbers. I think Mark Alderson may have also driven the pavement car at Winchester one time when I was there but that is a foggy memory at this point. Kevin Thomas was in it at Santa Fe once. Always loved the 25 car and didn't realize he was so young when he started as a car owner! RIP
Last edited by ThrowbackRacingTeam; 9/14/18 at 10:51 AM.

2 members like this post: jdull99, tirespinner
9/15/18, 3:50 PM   #26
EZ04

Terrible news.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > RIP Steve Chrisman