IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > DuQuoin Sat.
1/14/08, 5:45 PM   #1
DuQuoin Sat.
Flatrightrear

Who's going to the midgets Sat. and what kind of show do you expect to see? I've never been to their indoor track but have high hopes.
Tom

1/14/08, 6:16 PM   #2
Re: DuQuoin Sat.
bandres21

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 46

myself and my uncle will be going down.i saw focus midgets yhere a few years back and it was a decent show.i think they have widend the track out between the straights since then so it should be a little better

1/14/08, 6:26 PM   #3
axsom#11

the track is very wide and good lenth too the straight's for a indoor track , you will like it ,we raced karts their in 04 and 05 great time.

1/14/08, 6:32 PM   #4
Finner18

$1800 to win for midgets and $700 to win for micros, not bad for January. I hope to see a good field of cars for this event.
Here is the link to the event info.
http://powri.com/newsdetail.asp?NewsID=4362

1/14/08, 9:14 PM   #5
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

I am hoping to make it. The weather forecast looks decent so the drive down shouldn't be a problem. I haven't been to an indoor show at DuQuoin. How should you dress? Is it fairly comfortable inside or do you need to layer up?

1/14/08, 9:19 PM   #6
jackhole

Is there anywhere else I can find some pictures of the Track.

Thanks, JACKHOLE

1/14/08, 9:19 PM   #7
illiNOISE

Having looked at the forcast for this weekend, it appears that it's going to be quite cold out this weekend.:thumbsdown: Anyone who attended the Jan. '05 Du Quoin show knows how chilly it can get in the Southern Illinois Center when they open the doors.:eek:

No matter, I'll be there.

1/14/08, 9:48 PM   #8
Tony74

If the forecast is right, then yeah dress warm the place has good heat, but with the track filling the building bringing cars in and out will be chilly. For anyone that has problems with fumes, they have never been an issue.
Racing wise I've been out four-five times and the track was good with the full midgets creating a cushion up top and the micros should have a strong field and a great show. Also, is a nice dinner maybe a half mile from the track that always has good eats.

I'm ready to feel some dirt fly! :thumb:

1/15/08, 4:57 AM   #9
Flatrightrear

Yeah, pitting outside in close to single digit temps by nighttime would REALLY be the pits! :eek:

1/15/08, 1:17 PM   #10
petey

Thinking about coming up. Loyet told me they'd be running that one before heading to New Zealand. Affraid it's gonna be pretty chilly outside though. Anyone who's never been there should enjoy it.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > DuQuoin Sat.