IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Does this sound stupid?
1/5/08, 11:46 PM   #11
Re: Does this sound stupid?
jackhole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Spridgeon View Post
The race can use all the support it can get

I know your talking about the TV coverage but I wonder how much money is being exchanged for that? Who paid who for this coverage and who is making money? I know I sound clich

1/6/08, 12:03 AM   #12
Kirk Spridgeon

After getting an idea of the numbers involved in this, no one is getting rich off the pay-per-view. There are a lot of places the money is going, and a lot of people are lending a hand to make it happen with no guarantee of making any money.

I think it could eventually become a money-maker, but I will be shocked if the numbers are strong enough this year to bring in much money for anyone involved...

1/6/08, 1:22 AM   #13
petey

Any chance that they would show the Bowl on Speed since they televised the Prelude to the Dream a few weeks after it was on HBO?

1/6/08, 2:56 AM   #14
Hawker

Petey, it wouldn't supprise me. Doing that is another chance a a few more dollars.

1/6/08, 9:19 AM   #15
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Spridgeon View Post
I'll be doing the same thing. This is a good idea for all those going to Tulsa. The race can use all the support it can get, and I'm sure all the die-hards heading to Tulsa would love to see this thing become a successful production. So for anyone going to the Bowl, order it if you can and you can re-live the excitement once you get back home!

Thanks for the post, Hawker...
I disagree with that. The whole trip already costs enough to do. I'm already contributing my money by going. I would like to see it, but I'm not paying for something I'll already be shelling out a lot of money for in the first place.

If it shows up on Speed (which I hope it does), I'll watch it. I'm not paying for it when I'm already spending money to go. Not a cheap trip with gas and everything else.

1/6/08, 12:59 PM   #16
Hawker

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelKT View Post
I disagree with that. The whole trip already costs enough to do. I'm already contributing my money by going. I would like to see it, but I'm not paying for something I'll already be shelling out a lot of money for in the first place.

If it shows up on Speed (which I hope it does), I'll watch it. I'm not paying for it when I'm already spending money to go. Not a cheap trip with gas and everything else.
I cheat... I stay at my sisters place for the week.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Does this sound stupid?