IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > PRAYERS for Pennsylvania sprint car veteran Greg Hodnett.
9/21/18, 6:31 PM   #21
Re: PRAYERS for Pennsylvania sprint car veteran Greg Hodnett
jim goerge

RIP Greg I remember talking to Greg when he was a teenager racing in Memphis was always fan friendly

2 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, i love dirt track racing
9/21/18, 7:04 PM   #22
Re: PRAYERS for Pennsylvania sprint car veteran Greg Hodnett
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 22

Man, this sucks bad. I know it sounded like a freak accident, but tracks need to seriously start looking for ways to make their facilities safer. Take TSS for instance. When T-Mez crashed hard a fews months back coming out of turn 4, went airborne, and hit the caution lights, Tommy put up a catch fence to protect not only the drivers, but the fans. Track owners need to evaluate their tracks and figure out where the danger spots are and try to put up catch fences, soft barriers, or anything to help eliminate or lessen the chance of driver fatalities. I know there is never going to be a end all solution, but we can and should be fixing the safety of the tracks. RIP Greg and Jason

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > PRAYERS for Pennsylvania sprint car veteran Greg Hodnett.