IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chili Bowl Car VS USAC Car
9/23/17, 3:28 PM   #11
Re: Chili Bowl Car VS USAC Car
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
I'd have to agree with DAD, it is a once a year "happening", and has proven to be basically a run what ya brung race, rules are pretty vague, and it serves as a place and time, to try to outwit, outfox, the other guy, and party hard, engine is important, as well as talent, but with that many cars, luck has the biggest factor in who wins, I doubt that even the best financed, best talented team, can honestly say they have a better chance than anyone else about winning, it is balls to the wall from the time you unload, till you load up, and sometimes you load up pretty quick, it's a hell of a lot of fun, and a fast paced time from beginning to end, once a year is all anyone can stand it! Bob
I don't know about that, seems like one of the Heavy Hitters wins every year

9/23/17, 7:45 PM   #12
DAD

Here is what it all adds up to. If you enjoy Midget racing, Tulsa is the place to be in January. I have never owned a grand stand seat. The real place to be is in the pits. Wonder around the pits try to stay out of the way of the racers. It sometimes gets pretty hectic back there.

Travel with a friend. They allot the bleachers in turn 2 to gen admission and pit passes. Get there early especially race day. One of you will have to stay back to protect your seat. If both of you leave at the same time you are both SOL Those seats are hard to get. It is a lot of work but also a lot of fun and no telling who you might run into.

Dad
Last edited by DAD; 9/23/17 at 7:47 PM.

9/24/17, 6:26 PM   #13
opnwhlmnd

Titanium frames have been tried in sprint cars. I think it was Stevie Smith (could be wrong was a long time ago, don't persecute me if I got the wrong name) in the 80s that tried a couple and they never could get it not to crack because they couldn't weld it properly.

9/25/17, 9:27 AM   #14
flyin9

I do recall seeing that TI car now many moons ago for sale on the HH Classifieds, that cool stuff and pure passion! I appreciate the replies. seeing the Keith Kunz midgets at all of the USAC races I would have a hard time believing that he rolls those cars away for new Chilibowl only cars? Does anyone have the answer to that question?

Thanks!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chili Bowl Car VS USAC Car