IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
LuvRacinRog
  #1 5/30/08 1:12 PM
How can we promote our sport better

We have the greatest sport in the world. With gas being so high and things going up so much we gotta figure out how to get more people to the track.

We are interested in your ideas on what it would take to get more people to the track. And how to better expose local racing.

LuvRacin.com is the largest website on local racing 50,000 accesses per day from across the country. We have News, Photos, Driver stories, and much more. Look the site over and let us know how we can help promote the racing in your local area.

Leave your ideas here or email racin@LuvRacin.com

Thanks LuvRacinRog
Wolfe-e (Offline)
  #2 5/30/08 10:04 PM
It will be a Challenge for all of us, thats for sure... I know that lately, I have been looking for a Small Bus... I think that I could pick up several fans in this area for different races... I think we might be able to get a Break on Ticket Prices too... Maybe not a lot, but something...
I think its going to take Fans and Drivers working togather to keep racing alive... I also think that Fans and Drivers should Take the first steps, try new things... Track Promoters are always trying things, If the Fans and Drivers try something and it looks like it might work, there will always be a Track that will get on board.
Mainly, I think its up to us not to give up... Keep trying until we do find something that works........ Promotion is like a Work of Art,,, unfortunatly, there are a whole host of house painters, myself included... the only thing keeping racing alive is the FAns..... wanna race.......Wolfe-e
Joey Woods (Offline)
  #3 5/30/08 10:41 PM
JMHO but these type of post have become annoying, It's nearly a one hundred year old sport, it is what it is. It will never be NASCAR and I'm glad of it, it is IMO the highest level of grass rootsacing one can achieve without being in the "Big Time". I will continue to invite folks to come along with me to the races to see some great entertainment. But not in order to "grow the sport" it is what it is. Just sayin