IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ballou leaves Baldwin #5 - to pilot Pollock 21x
6/20/13, 10:33 AM   #1
Ballou leaves Baldwin #5 - to pilot Pollock 21x
racemedia

Robert Ballou formerly of Rocklin, CA currently living in Indiana released this statement on his Facebook page today:

I have made the difficult decision to part ways with the #5 team. It has been a rough start to the year and unfortunately traveling to LaFayette to work on the car out of my own pocket by myself has become too much of a burden to continue. This is not the outcome I had hoped for but I believe it is what is best for me at this time. I want to publicly thank Ken & Margo Baldwin for the opportunity and hope they can continue their season on a high note. I will be piloting the Pollock Racing 21x this weekend and in the future and look forward to strong finishes with that team. I have great confidence in their motors and equipment. I will continue to run my own #12 car as my schedule allows and I want to thank my sponsors as well as mechanic Derrick Bye for sticking with me through thick and thin. I believe we will finally be getting the wins that you all deserve. My focus has always been racing and will continue to be 100% in the future.

6/20/13, 11:51 AM   #2
dubsak95

Wow good luck Madman!!!

Posted via Mobile Device

6/20/13, 1:38 PM   #3
johnnythunderhead
Banned

might be an op for grant or hupp?

Posted via Mobile Device

6/20/13, 1:39 PM   #4
3wide

I doubt Grant would go back to the Baldwin ride. He drove for them in 2010.

Posted via Mobile Device

6/20/13, 2:40 PM   #5
Re: Ballou leaves Baldwin #5 - to pilot Pollock 21x
Ty

Maybe T-mez?

6/20/13, 2:58 PM   #6
PJ Wright

After hearing Robert's interview on last weeks "Flip the Switch", I can't say this comes as a surprise. I hope this works out well for all involved.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

6/20/13, 8:22 PM   #7
i love dirt track racing

Mad man I'm a big fan I've got number 81 shirt signed and I just bought a number 5 shirt if I bring it to race we sign it and I'll have to give me a 21 X good luck

Posted via Mobile Device

6/20/13, 8:45 PM   #8
sp6967

best of luck

6/20/13, 9:15 PM   #9
illinifan

Race Count This Year: 10

Always look forward to watchin the Madman drive, no matter the car. Best of luck to this new pairing

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: dshort36
6/21/13, 12:29 PM   #10
Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Wright View Post
After hearing Robert's interview on last weeks "Flip the Switch", I can't say this comes as a surprise. I hope this works out well for all involved.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: PIT CART, rightrear
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ballou leaves Baldwin #5 - to pilot Pollock 21x