IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Dale Sr. ---Kyle
11/6/11, 11:10 PM   #21
kennystidamracing

They should suspend kyle the rest of the season so he gets the message that this wont be tolerated.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: DANO34
11/7/11, 1:14 AM   #22
Napalm74

So all the earnhardt fans on here are saying if someone ran him up the track or into the wall he wouldn't retaliate? I'm sick of people condemning KB for having the same win-at-any-cost-take-no-$#!* attitude earnhardt had. He is a winner.
Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: rdzsprint, sc17x
11/7/11, 4:53 AM   #23
LocalYokel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napalm74 View Post
He is a winner.
Who took himself out of a race he could have won... that sounds more like a loser to me.
Posted via Mobile Device

11/7/11, 6:41 AM   #24
Re: Dale Sr. ---Kyle
Rogue-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napalm74 View Post
So all the earnhardt fans on here are saying if someone ran him up the track or into the wall he wouldn't retaliate? I'm sick of people condemning KB for having the same win-at-any-cost-take-no-$#!* attitude earnhardt had. He is a winner.
Posted via Mobile Device
Not under caution, he was smarter than that.

11/7/11, 10:16 AM   #25
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Dale crashed DW and himself out at Richmond that was intentional!

2 members like this post: ISF, rdzsprint
11/7/11, 11:00 AM   #26
Vinceracer39

Earnhardt wrecked people all the time wether it was for the win or 12th place, no matter how you cut it up or smooth it over he ran over people constantly. What Busch did friday was no worse than Edwards flipping Keselowski at Atlanta, the only difference is NASCAR decided that since Busch is considered a "BAD BOY" he deserved to be parked but Edwards is such a "NICE GUY" he deserves only super-secret double probation and Brad needs the warning to stay away from Carl. Earnhardt was a "HERO" so he was never punished Carl is a "NICE GUY" so he's never punished and Kyle is a "BAD BOY" so he is punished and all the guys they wreck just need to give them more room and stay off them and nothing will happen to them. NASCAR is a joke when it comes to their punishment system and I think we can all agree with that.

6 members like this post: ffrid, ISF, MWestfallfan54, Napalm74, rdzsprint, speed bump
11/7/11, 11:33 AM   #27
ISF

That's right davidm. It was 1986 before they changed the configuration of the track, and it was deliberate. Kyle Petty won his first race as a result of that masterpiece. Ironhead sent Rusty Wallace out on a horrible ride in the tri-oval at Talladega. Rusty always said after that happened that "most guys will wreck you on purpose at Martinsville or Bristol but ironhead will wreck ya' on purpose at Daytona or Talladega". He wrecked Joe Ruttman at Rockingham and admitted it was deliberate, and later he put Bobby Hamilton in the wall at the Rock and cost him a win there when Bobby was driving for the King.

What I thought really appropriate is that the week following the incident with Hamilton they interviewed Bobby and asked him if he had yet talked to ironhead and Bobby said he came over and tried to talk to him and he was still talking as Bobby walked away. Great stuff. How ironic that they are both gone.

If you think ironhead was above wreckin' a guy during a yellow or on the cool down lap just look at the tape of the IROC race that took place 2 days before ironhead's demise. He wrecked Eddie Cheever on the backstretch at Daytona. Now, some'll say that was in a IROC car and doesn't count but that was before all the safety innovations of today and even ironhead wasn't sure where a car would go after he turned it around.

I never hated ironhead. If fact we spent a fair amount of time with him and Childress and his crew before he had won 2 or 3 championships and didn't feel like mingling with the "unwashed", so to speak. What I did hate was the extra special treatment him and Childress received from NASCAR that others didn't get and believe me he got a bunch of it! He was given the 1990 championship over Mark Martin. I won't go into all the details as to how NASCAR did it but there was blatantly biased calls made at the Fall races at Charlotte and Martinsville. Rest assured, it did happen.

---------- Post added at 9:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:13 AM ----------

Wow! I've heard some excuses made for drivers wreckin' other cars on purpose but the "Dale was just being aggressive" when he wrecked Labonte at Bristol is the whopper of all whoppers! LOL!!
Last edited by ISF; 11/7/11 at 11:14 AM.

4 members like this post: davidm, Jerry Shaw, Phylo82, speed bump
11/7/11, 12:49 PM   #28
Rhody

Race Count This Year: 9

The "Dale did it so it's OK" defense doesn't wash with me. It was wrong when Dale did it, and it's still wrong. At least when Dale was coming up to stardom, he had to answer for his actions the old fashioned way. I'm betting he had to face an angry mob when he got out his car more than once, and he probably wasn't too sure someone wasn't going to take a swing at him. Kyle Busch on the other hand has never had to worry about getting his butt kicked before he escaped from the track, he was either too young to beat up, or he was in the NASCAR circus where physical violence won't be tolerated. He's also never had to piece together a car that he tore up so he could race the next week.

2 members like this post: ISF, LocalYokel
11/9/11, 2:40 PM   #29
MRZERO

What the heck, I'll throw my 2 cents in. Terry had just put on new tires, which put him back a bit. But he cut through the field and caught Dale, then passed him. Dale did a kamikaze dive into the turn, cause that was the last chance he was gonna get to turn Terry around. If he hadn't spun him, Terry was going to drive away from him. And Dale was a world class whiner!

11/9/11, 3:06 PM   #30
monkeyboy

Am I the only one who thinks nascrap would draw more fans by running figure 8s or maybe having a roll over contest? Why so much talk about some fn jalopies?
Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Dale Sr. ---Kyle