IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Do they care
5/13/11, 10:04 PM   #1
Do they care
lucky 4

at least half of the mini sprint and regular sprintdrivers drive one or two hours to get there then they lined us up to run late then cut the feature to 15 laps was it because the weather or is this going to be ongoing

1 member likes this post: slide22
5/13/11, 10:50 PM   #2
Re: Do they care
garry47

It was scheduled to 15 already.

1 member likes this post: terrehautian
5/14/11, 8:53 AM   #3
lucky 4

these tracks want big car count then they treat us this way we had 21 cars i believe if we race tonight we probley will top that this track is not my first choice of race tracks

5/14/11, 9:41 AM   #4
WRP

To answer the title of your post, yes we do care. We are about every team, driver, staff member, and most importantly, fan, who walks through the gates each week.

The reason your features are only 15 laps this season is the same reason the other classes features were cut as well. We are making every attempt possible to ensure that we are done at a reasonable time this year, despite the fact we are running 6 classes nearly every week.

As far as lining you up late, classes will rotate each week, so no class is last every week or first every week. Sorry that the Mini Sprints ended up being scheduled later in the evening last week, but that will not be the case every week.

Finally, we care about your opinion as well. I have no problem addressing these issues with you on here, but in the future, call and discuss your concerns with us, or discuss them at the track while you are there. Waiting a week later to call us out on a message board is not our first choice of communicating with teams, fans, or drivers.

Thanks
Gerry Keysor

5/14/11, 2:00 PM   #5
short track scott

Very well done Waynesfield!

I believe you handled this question in such a way that the answer is clear and not at all imflammatory. There was a question. You answered it. And you kept it professional both in your reply and your guidance toward future correspondence.

Thanks for handling this so well. Every now and then someone really impresses me around here. Congrats on that!

5 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, IndyBound, Mud Packer, STIDA.com, WRP
5/14/11, 9:21 PM   #6
lucky 4

thanks for the reply didn't mean to offend any one but i dont believe i heard that explaned in the drivers meeting i could understand
shortning under the conditions last week but not for every week most tracks just put a time limit on each race since some class don't
have a caution every few laps

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Do they care